Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dcoettit

How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

My Roku has been in use and running fine fr a couple of years.  Now all of a sudden the go.roku.com/lowpower warning pops up.  The system constantly locks up and the screen show "not connected" in the top right and the remote is unresponsive.  It is plugged into the Roku USB plug and always has been.

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: How to fix 'insufficient power' or 'low power' warning

Hi @Dcoettit,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting a message of insufficient power with your Roku device and we will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

As you mentioned that you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: What to do if the red light is flashing, or you see a "low-power" warning | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kelbell0384
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  My Roku has worked fine and has been using the original cords from the packaging.  Sunday it worked fine from noon until 7pm.  Then I started having the low power warning and it kept resetting.  Right now we had to switch to a different device from another room in the house.  I looked at the troubleshooting for this problem, but none of those things worked.  Did anyone figure out another way to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @kelbell0384

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

If this issue is not resolved by the suggestion above by @RokuMary-F, please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About. I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
kelbell0384
Reel Rookie

As I said before I tired everything I read that would help.  My Roku was plugged into the wall.  I was using the original cords, plugs, everything.  It all of a sudden stopped working.  I can't get the serial number, because it will not stay on long enough for me to go to settings then system.  

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @kelbell0384

Thanks for the reply.

On some players, the serial number or device ID is printed on a product label and attached to the bottom of the player. On other players, the serial number or device ID is printed directly on the bottom of the player. Once we have this information, we'll be able to further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Appreciate the response.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to resolve your issue.

0 Kudos