Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frestile

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

Same here. I will not be buying another Roku t.v. because of this.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

Hi Community users,

We really do apologize for the inconvenience. As per advice from experts, this could happen sometimes when you're using private listening using the Roku Mobile App.

If this happens try disconnecting your mobile device from the network and make a refresh on both your Roku device and mobile device. Then try to connect them both and have it try to see if that helps.

If the problem continues, please provide with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sbarnesdzl

I do not use the mobile app and this not on a Roku TV but during use of a Roku Ultra device we have had for many years.  I was watching a program when all of a sudden, the volume went out and the headphone icon came on.  I have never used headphones or used a mobile device.  How do I fix this?  I tried disconnecting the Roku Ultra from power and the tv for 10 minutes.  It is still on headphones.  Help please!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sbarnesdzl,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to know more about the issue that you're having with the Roku TV. Could you provide us with the following details below?

• Have you been using private listening through your remote control, directly from the TV, or from the Roku mobile app?
  • When was the last time you had volume working as desired?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos