Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K8linC

Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

My tv won’t play any sound it has the headphone symbol when you turn the volume up or down. We don’t have the remote with that capability and we don’t use the app very often. We have restarted and reset it and still nothing?? Please help!! 

23 REPLIES 23
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

What model # and firmware version is your Roku?  Settings/System/About

Its not clear what you restarted/reset - your Roku? your phone? your phone app?

Try opening the app on your phone/select the Roku/Remote/toggle the headphones button once or twice to see if it re-enables audio on your Roku.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

The last time you used the private listening feature in the Roku app you probably left this turned on.  On my TCL Roku tv I've found this setting remains even when the Roku app is not running on my phone.

Go back into the Roku app on your phone and click the headphone icon to turn it back off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
driva26

How to take ur headphone of ur toku tv

0 Kudos

Go to the back of your tv plug in a 3mm jack and take it out should go back to Normal. Chances are you have a bad jack. Literally just did this to mines and it worked.  Never had this issues u til I tried plugging the 3mm plug now it bugs out! 

0 Kudos

Have you headphones plugged into the tv then go to settings, system, advanced system settings, factory reset then it should say rest tv audio/picture settings then do what it tells you to do then when it says rest tv settings unplug you headphones the everything should go back to normal if not idk what to do

desygaines

same things happening to me right now cant figure out why

AG4JC
Reel Rookie

Happened to me tonight too, was very frustrated for awhile as I tried everything I could think of. Eventually, I went into the app on phone and went to the remote control and there is a headphone icon that I tapped that finally disconnected the headphone mode, after doing it a couple times, but then it just worked. Was weird it didn't work first time, but eventually it did. I noticed your post is from June, so you probably figured it out already. Decided in not gonna use headphones with this TV though.... sad it doesn't work right. 😞

0 Kudos
Baby33

How do I take my headphone volume off?

AG4JC
Reel Rookie

If your headphones are connected to your roku tv, the volume is most likely controlled by your roku remote in the app. You go to your roku app on phone and at the very bottom you'll see the remote option, and tap on that, and this is where you control volume and/or disconnect your headphones... at least that is how it worked for me. I hope this helps! Grace and peace, Angela

0 Kudos