Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a867bc

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

What can do to repair this

AG4JC
Reel Rookie

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

If you have read the earlier posts, there have been many of us with that same issue. The only thing that I found that worked was to go to roku app on phone, tap the middle on the bottom to access the remote control option in the app, and in right corner, tap the headphone icon.i had to do it a few times over the course of an hour or two before it worked, but eventually it did. Hope that helps! 

sanvan

This is maddening for sure -lve tried everything n even this isn’t working 😔

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sanvan,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with your Roku TV. We're happy to assist you. Please try to unplug the TV for 3 to 5 minutes and replug it back again.

If the issue still persists, we will be asking for more details. Can you please provide the following information below?

• What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?
  • When did the issue start?

Please keep us posted if the issue still persists, and we will continue to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
vicksslc
Reel Rookie

Same thing. Brand new TCL Roku 40-in. Played a short video clip and the TV speakers were fine. Turned off the TV turned it back on to show my wife and it had the audio as headphones even though we have never plugged headphones in. Don't know how to get sound back. Going to return to Amazon if I can't figure it out.

0 Kudos
vicksslc
Reel Rookie

Same exact problem. Brand new TCL Roku 40-in. Audio worked when we first turned it on. Turned off the TV now it says the audio input is headphones. We've never plugged anything into the headphones.

Model 40S350R

Hardware ID H138X

Software 12.0.0 build 4182-DD

AG4JC
Reel Rookie

As I posted earlier on, had this same problem. Had to go into the roku app on phone, and press the center button on bottom which will then show the roku remote control on your phone,and then an earphone icon you need to tap.  After trying that a couple times, I got my sound back. I don't try plug in earphones anymore though since that happened. 

0 Kudos
vicksslc
Reel Rookie

I did exactly that and it didn't work for me. I ended up having to do a factory reset. I hope they figure out this bug. I don't want to have to keep doing factory resets every time.

0 Kudos
Frestile

That did not work for me. I pushed the headphone button and the heaphone icon came up on the tv screen but did not turn off. 

0 Kudos
Frestile

This didn't wirk either.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.