Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lebedege

Why Roku Channel content will not play??

“Play Now” button is doing nothing

Model: 3910RW - Roku Express+
Serial number: YG009C931885 (C53939931885)
Software version: 120.0 • bulld 4186-51
GC version: 10.1 25
Timestamp:
2023-09-24T13:14:042
Please use issue ID 85-383-834 to report the current issue

7 REPLIES 7
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why Roku Channel content will not play??

Hi @Lebedege,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We will be more than happy to take a closer into this issue that you're having with the Roku channel. Can you please also provide the device ID of your Roku device? Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue? What steps have you taken so far to reproduce the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DarKyhz

I have same problem.  Everything seems like it should work. Lists the episodes and then when doesn't play. Shows all the Roku channel options.

Contacted Roku with ID's etc. over 3 months ago with no reply .

Good Luck.....

I just use the stick for Netflix and YouTubenow.  Roku channel useless.

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DarKyhz,

We're sorry to hear about this. Our team is aware of this issue, and there might be factors affecting this issue you're experiencing.

Please try connecting your device to an alternative network, like a mobile hotspot, and then try to reaccess the channel to see if that helps.

If the issue persists, please provide us with your current ISP and IP address (whatismyip.com).

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krissybabe73
Binge Watcher

I've had the same issue for over 2 weeks now too and no fixes for me either. Even though I've provided all information. It's super frustrating paying for something and not being able to use it. 

Kristin O’Reilly 

0 Kudos
PrinceLH
Streaming Star

Same issue with me.  All four units having the same issue.  It's been 2 months now and have contacted Tech Support a number of times.  No resolution.  Roku is looking at an update to the app, but when is the question?  Getting frustrated.  2 sticks, 2 TCL TV's.  What gives?  It does work on my computer, however.

Krissybabe73
Binge Watcher

I've not even had a response from tech... Lol 

I've seen we are not alone with those issue and it seems none of us have had the issue resolved. I'm definitely never purchasing subscriptions through these ROKU channel app again as no refund for paid months of being unable to use. 

Hoping it gets fixed soon or I'm going to move to another platform. 

Thanks 

Kristin 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @PrinceLH, @Krissybabe73,

Thanks for the post,

• What channel is the content on?
  • Does the error display during playback of a TV show, movie, commercial, or advertisement on the home screen, etc.?
  • Full Title Specific movie or TV show (season and episode) example that the issue occurs on:
  • If possible, video and/or pictures of the issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.