Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RNSYES
Reel Rookie

THIS OLD HOUSE NOT LOADING AND NOT ABLE TO PLAY ANY EPISODES

THIS OLD HOUSE - selected channel on Roku channel menu and press * star button unable to remove channel to then try the restart of Roku and re-install of channel. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: THIS OLD HOUSE NOT LOADING AND NOT ABLE TO PLAY ANY EPISODES

Hi, @RNSYES

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for letting us know about this, and we'll address this as soon as we have further information regarding the issue. May we know what specific episodes and content are not playing with the series "This Old House"? Also, are you accessing this through the stand-alone app or through The Roku Channel?

Moreover, kindly provide your ZIP code and ISP.

Thanks,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RNSYES
Reel Rookie

zip code 95762

ISP AT&T

0 Kudos
RNSYES
Reel Rookie

using This Old House channel via ROKU device as standalone channel. zip 95762. ISP AT&T

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @RNSYES.

In this case, have you tried connecting your Roku Ultra to a different network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you can access the series? In addition, are there any error messages prompted on your screen whenever you're trying to access it? Does this happen to other series or TV shows on The Roku Channel app in demand or Live TV, or is this an isolated case within the This Old House series?

We'll be looking forward to your update as we are more than eager to find you the best course of action. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bws1205
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issues with the episodes not loading. Trying to watch Season 45, Episode 10. When I select E10, the screen goes black and I see E10 + title of episode. Then, seconds later it jumps to E11, the E12….stays black screen and doesn’t start an episode. I have a Roku 4800X, Xfinity service and the Roku is connected to CAT5 cable. I don’t have this problem on any other App. I believe it’s not an issue on the user side. Help!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @Bws1205,

Welcome aboard here in the Roku Community!

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sure we will get your issue resolved positively.

• What channel is the content on?
  • Does the issue occur on a different Roku?
  • Does the error display during playback of a TV show or movie, during a commercial or advertisement, on the home screen, etc.?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bws1205
Reel Rookie

Arjiemar, thank you for responding, but I don’t think you read my initial message, based on the questions you’re asking. 

“What channel is the content on?” It’s This Old House APP. No channels, just Seasons to select and watch episodes. 

Does the issue occur on a different Roku?” I don’t have more than one Roku…sorry about that. 

“Does the error display during playback of a TV show or movie, during a commercial or advertisement, on the home screen, etc.?” Again, please read my initial message.

“Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel?” Again, read my initial message.

“Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?” No

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Bws1205,

Thanks for the post,

We understand and have read your post. We just wanted to verify the issue you are experiencing.

• This old house app is not under a Roku subscription? or directly to the channel provider?

We recommend performing the below steps to see if you can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel/app from the Roku device

2. Power cycle the Roku device by disconnecting it from the power cable and reconnecting the device to power.

3. Re-add the channel back to the Roku device

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will be happy to continue assisting you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bws1205
Reel Rookie

I did everything you asked and it’s the same issue. All other APPS don’t have this problem, so I doubt there is an issue with my Roku. 

I don’t have patience for this, so I’m deleting the This Old House App and will watch something else. 

thanks, and good luck with the app. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.