Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pthig

HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

I just had the same issue with the new episode of last week's Tonight with John Oliver ... on my TCL Roku Smart TV... I could watch other shows on Max but when I selected the new episode it would just go to a black screen with a little white circle in it... I tried everything.. checking for update of the app etc .. nothing worked... Then I had the idea of seeing if autoplay would work from the previous episode .. it did! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Hi @Sully20,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on Max. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to Real Time with Bill Maher on Max only?
  • What were your troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, please try removing the channel, restarting the system, and adding the channel again to see if it fixes the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Sully20

HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Not resolved still can’t watch real time with bill Maher 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: HBO Max won't play Real Time with Bill Maher Episodes But Plays Other Videos

Jump to solution

Hi @Sully20,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on Max. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • Is the issue happening on all contents and channels, or is this isolated to Real Time with Bill Maher on Max only?
  • What were your troubleshooting steps so far?

In the meantime, please try removing the channel, restarting the system, and adding the channel again to see if it fixes the issue.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.