Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kentf
Channel Surfer

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself. Problem on two different TV's - SOLVED

It's been going on for 6 months and Roku never got back to me on this issue.  I bought an Amazon Firestick and problem is solved. Not only the sound, but the sync between the video and audio is gone. The Firestick works great.

Kent

0 Kudos
EMS7
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself. Problem on two different TV's

Yes, we are having the same problem with three different TVs. Also, on certain channels I have to disable the SAP before I can get a volume on the channel mostly on Newsmax. What is going on with the Roku?

0 Kudos
EMS7
Reel Rookie

Another problem I’m having is that the voice isn’t synchronize with the lip movement of the characters on the TV. I don’t know if this was some kind of update problem but all this started to happen a couple months ago. Please fix it.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @EMS7 

Thank you for posting in the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the issue you have experienced with the Roku voice remote and audio not synchronizing. We would love to help. Can you provide your Roku remote firmware version? It can be found in Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [Device Remote] > About.
Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tripee14

Hello Danny

Here are the details from my setup:

• Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
  • Serial Number: YJ005T314936
  • Device ID: CK3915314936
  • Software Version: 12.0.0 * build 4184-46
  • Channel: Hulu, Apple TV and Netflix
  • Volume Mode for the channel is "Off"

Steps to reproduce:

• Watch a show on HULU (Hulu is the worst app for this) - i.e. example: Bob's Burgers, King of the Hill, Abbot Elementary (At random the audio will either raise or lower in level.  Ours will happen randomly and only a system restart fixes, but sometimes even that won't work for the night. ) 
  • When watching a show on AppleTV, the volume doesn't go crazy until the second episode of a show, for some reason its the second or third episode. 
  • On Netflix, this is completely random. We have not been able to identify a show type, or specific show that does it. It seems to be random. 
0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tripee14,

Thank you for the additional information. 

We'll pass this information along to our support team. May we have you Issue ID when did the issue occurs. You can collect this information by pressing the back button (5x) and home button (5x) when this issue occurs.

If there's anything else that our team can further take a look at. Don't hesitate to give us an update.

Best Regards,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ravensrku
Binge Watcher

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself.

I started watching MSNBC on the NBCNews App rather than Xfinity Streaming which solved the audio out of sync problem but now the volume fluctuates during playback and isn't connected to commercial breaks. It also happened streaming a movie through the TV App, enough to distract from the movie significantly. Roku would you please go past ‘looking into’ & 'investigating' these issues and roll out a fix? The siren call of the Fire Stick is growing louder.

No software updates available. Software OS/version 12.0.0 (build 4184-C2)
Roku device model 4800X - Roku Ultra
sn: X01000XT6F7J
GC version: 9.3.516
Issue ID 7J-240-404
Xfinity Stream Version 6.12, build 0; TV Version 13.4, build 51; NBC News Version 9.1, build 0

Both Digital Output Format and Preferred Streaming Format are set to "Auto.” No changes when switched to other settings. Volume set to Leveling, playing through computer speakers.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Volume goes up or down by itself.

Thanks for your post @ravensrku!

We appreciate the additional information about this issue. We'll make sure to pass this along with the details you provided to the concerned team.

Once information is available, we'll make sure to let the Community know about it. In the meantime, we'll be needing your patience and understanding as our team works hard to resolve this.

If there is anything else that we can further look into. Please let us know.

Best Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos