Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Unable to play titles from any channel

HELP! For 3 days now, and still going, I have not been able to have playback to any title, on any channel! Only time The Big Bang Theory will work is when I start it right after when I restart system. However that's the only title that works after even doing ALL steps mentioned on site and Google. I only stream and I'd like to watch what I pay for.

Roku Express 3930X Model

11.5.0 build 4312-AE

Device ID: S0085175DYXF

Serial#: X00400F5DYXF

@RokuDanny-R 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Unable to play titles from any channel

Have you restarted all of your network equipment (gateway/modem/router) as well as your Roku device?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Yes I have... all the usual and new.. Nothing is working now for 5 days..

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Also to add.. I tried to play paramount+ on my phone to see if the last episode of Flashpint would work.. and it did! Works on my phone the paramount+ app so far but not on my roku Express box. Still issues everywhere else like prior mentioned.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @MsRubyTuesday 

Thanks for post in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with channel playback on your Roku device. We understand that not being able to stream content on your Roku device can be quite aggravating.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What exactly is occurring when this issue happens? How are you powering the Roku Express device?

With more insight about the above information, we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
WarrenInAfrica
Channel Surfer

Sorry to say, but judging by the large number of other threads and subsequent posts by people relating to this exact problem, it appears there is a destinct level of disinterest and competency by Roku to actually resolve this.

Poor show Roku

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @WarrenInAfrica 

Thanks for the post in the Roku Community.

If you are experiencing an issue with playing titles from channels, can you provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? There are a variety of factors that can contribute to this behavior.

• Have you already tried rebooting your wireless network?
  • Are you able to play any content on any channel?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we would be more than happy to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jpalaski
Reel Rookie

I have Roku and paramount + and just added showtime. It started yesterday. When it did this yesterday we added showtime. I was watching a show and then it just stopped playing. 

0 Kudos
Jpalaski
Reel Rookie

I was watching a show and when it was supposed to play the next episode it wouldn’t then I tried to play other shows and none will play on any channel 

0 Kudos
Jpalaski
Reel Rookie

My wireless connection is good. I checked and I’m connected with good signal strength. It just stopped playing any content. That’s exactly what happened 

0 Kudos