Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous50
Channel Surfer

Re: Tv keeps returning to home screen

Creates rewatching commercials too

0 Kudos
Nitemana
Channel Surfer

Tried all of the recommendations.  None have ever worked and ROKU and TV manufacturer don't care what we think and don't know the cause.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thank you for keeping us in the loop. We understand that you're having playback issues with your Roku TVs.

Rest assured, our team is aware of the issue and is conducting an in-depth investigation. Kindly provide us with the following information:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.
Once we have gathered a few more pieces of details, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MAMAMOO
Reel Rookie

Hello. The fix for me since I was having this issue with watching long YouTube videos at night. I went to settings, the network, then bend with saver. Under bandwidth saver you want to turn that off because every 4 hours Roku will send you a message that says are you still watching if you don't click yes in time it will cut whatever you're watching off and go back to the home screen. Sometimes that message doesn't even pop up so it's hard to catch. I had to go through every setting option and read the information about it to find it. Once the bandwidth saver is turned off the channel that you're streaming for 4 hours or more will continue to stream.

immortalia

Agree! Seems to only happen to me on YouTube when I put my 8-10hr sleep sounds. 

Nitemana
Channel Surfer

This method of getting the ID you want does not work.

0 Kudos
MAMAMOO
Reel Rookie

What "ID" are you talking about? This is just a fix for your TV cutting off and going back to the home screen

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.