Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jen-B
Channel Surfer

The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

As suggested, I am posting a new post regarding this issue as the issue still persists on my Firestick after attempting to reset it (and resetting the modem as well).

When speaking with Amazon, they claim that the Roku Channel cannot play on a Firestick (even though it is in the available applications and downloadable.) 

Thank you,

-jenB

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku streaming not working on 3 firesticks

Jump to solution

Hi @Zoojem

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the Roku Channel on your Firestick device. Also, thanks for the steps you took to resolve the issue.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart reinstall), we recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest restarting from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.

To verify, are you being prompted with an error message? If you see something different, please let us know what you see.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Hello! @jen-B,

We appreciate your post here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far with your Amazon Firestick. We appreciate your efforts and will pass them along to the appropriate Roku team.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Regards,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
blopez1212

Roku streaming not working on 3 firesticks

Jump to solution

Roku streaming not working on 3 firestick. They worked fine before but not now.   I deleted and reinstall but it was to no avail.  it happens on all 3 firestick.. I updated firestick, I restared Firestick, still no good    what is happeing    

0 Kudos
Greparm

Jump to solution

None of the apps on my Roku arr working either. I am getting server and network connectivity error messages

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @blopez1212,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about the issue you are experiencing with the Roku Channel on your Firestick. Thanks for the steps you took to fix the issue. 

We'd like to know more about your issue. Can you please provide more details so we can assist you further?

• Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your device?
  • Are you encountering any error codes or messages?
  • Did you restart your device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart reinstall), we recommend giving it a shot again.

For troubleshooting purposes, try connecting your device to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, and then try again to see if that reproduces the same issue.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Greparm,

Welcome, and thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you sharing your concern with us, and we'd like to learn more about it. Can you please provide more details about your issue so we can assist you further?

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Could you please specify the error code?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zoojem
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same.  I haven't been able to get any content to play for three days.  I can access app and can see shows and episode options, but nothing will play.  TwodifferentFiresticks on2 different TVs.  Uninstalled and re downloaded app.  Restarted my Wi-Fi several times. Restarted Firestick.  Cleared caches, etc.  All other apps work.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Zoojem

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having trouble with the Roku Channel on your Firestick device. Also, thanks for the steps you took to resolve the issue.

Did you restart your Roku device before reinstalling the channel? That step is crucial when troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove restart reinstall), we recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest restarting from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step) > System restart.

To verify, are you being prompted with an error message? If you see something different, please let us know what you see.

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zoojem
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As stated, I have a FIRESTICK and am using the Roku app on it, not the actual Roku device.  Yes, I have followed all of those steps for Firestick and still nothing.  There is no error code.  The circle will spin after making a selection and then bring up a box that says "Unable to play content at this time."  I have tried movies, TV shows, LIVE content.  Nothing will play.  Roku is the only app on the Firestick that will not work.  Also, if I go to the Roku site on my iPad and sign in, I have absolutely no problem playing content.  

0 Kudos
Zoojem
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

That's not accurate.  I've been using the Roku app on my Firestick for at least 2 years without issue until last week.  As it is, even though I did not get an actual working solution from here, my app started working again this morning.  I'm gonna chalk it up to the IT disruption we had and call it a day.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.