Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku app on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Hi @jen-B,

Thanks for keeping in touch with us here in the Roku Community!

We see that you're also having an issue with The Roku Channel on your Firestick device and we'd like to assist.

Try connecting your device to an alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then try again to see if that reproduces the same issue.

Please keep us posted!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

While trying to figure out why my Roku Soundbar won't play anything on the Roku Channel I saw this thread and I remember that the TV I'm using is Insignia Fire TV. Maybe this is the problem. It appears no one has a resolution for this at this moment. I do want to add though that my issue is slightly different in presentation: when I click play the whole TV kind of blinks once as if it's going to start playing and then it does nothing absolutely nothing. I am beyond frustrated.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel on Firestick won’t play any shows

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We believe this issue has been resolved for the majority of users, not all of them; thus, in the interest of maintaining order, we will close this discussion now.

If you are still experiencing this issue, go ahead and start a new thread and shoot me a PM.

This discussion will be closed, and this post will be marked as solved. We appreciate your patience, and we also thank everyone who reported this.

Happy Streaming!

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator