Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gemmierin
Reel Rookie

Tennis Channel Plus stopped working overnight

Jump to solution

I tried this and still don’t have a remove option when I press the * button. I’m losing my mind with frustration. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Tennis Channel Plus stopped working overnight

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Gemmierin!

We appreciate you for informing us about the issue with your Roku device's playback and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly follow the steps below to help us resolve this issue. Please follow the steps precisely.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove."
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

If you consistently experience poor video quality or rebuffering on multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a weak wireless signal, router issues, or internet service quality. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Brownie1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you want to get the tennis channel...I recommend getting a Amazon Firestick and giving up Roku. Tennis Channel is at fault due to an upgrade but neither TC or Roku are fixing it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome to the Roku Community, @Gemmierin!

We appreciate you for informing us about the issue with your Roku device's playback and for bringing this matter to our attention.

Kindly follow the steps below to help us resolve this issue. Please follow the steps precisely.

1. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting "remove."
  2. Clear cache and data: From the Roku home screen, navigate to Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Network connection reset. Choose "Reset connection" and then-
  3. Restart your Roku device by unplugging your TV and then plugging it back in. This step can help clear any temporary cache or data-causing issues.
  4. Check your internet connection: Ensure that your Roku device is connected to a stable internet connection. You can test your internet connection by going to Settings > Network > Check connection on your Roku device. If your connection is weak or unstable, try restarting your router or contacting your internet service provider for assistance.
  5. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting "Store", and then adding the channel from there.

If you consistently experience poor video quality or rebuffering on multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a weak wireless signal, router issues, or internet service quality. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gemmierin-

IF YOU SEE "MANAGE SUBSCRIPTION" INSTEAD OF "REMOVE CHANNEL":

A channel whose subscription was made THROUGH ROKU can not be removed via this onscreen user interface while the subscription is active. The "Manage subscription" option will allow you to keep the app from auto-renewing when the current pre-paid subscription runs out and prevent any additional payments, but until then it remains active. The "Remove channel" option will return when the subscription period expires.

For immediate channel removal you can use the official Roku remote app on an Android/iOS phone/tablet. This will only remove the channel from your Roku; it will NOT cancel the paid subscription or prevent future payments..
• At the bottom of the first screen, click "Devices", and if necessary connect to one of your Roku devices.
• In the connected device section, click "Apps on Roku".
• Click AND HOLD the channel you wish to remove (a quick click will bring up the remote controls instead).
• Click on "Remove" and confirm.

I've never tried to remove a subscribed-thru-Roku channel via the remote app (I haven't had one for years) but many confirm this works for them even while the subscription is still active.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
pwilsman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Tennis Channel with its Tennis Channel plus is a bunch of **bleep**. I've been researching and following this and seems the worst began in May of this year with the new update. So many people complaining about the problems they are having. I have emailed so many times that it is pathetic. There is either no response, or half ass response, or repeated responses of no value and ultimately no fix.

Right now the only way I can watch TC+ is through my phone or laptop by going to the Tennis Channel website and casting to my tv.  I will never subscribe to TC/TC+ again. 

cx22

Jump to solution

I agree! I have been having the same issue for a month now. Repeated emails to Tennis Channel go unresolved, one they mark the ticket as resolved 5 minutes after you send in the email. I have tried repeatedly to call today and the call is cutoff immediately or if answered, you are cutoff after holding forever! I will never subscribe to tennis channel again!!

cx22

Jump to solution

I have tried this several times, to no avail. The Tennis Channel app has not worked on Roku since they updated the app. Tennis Channel has been no help and neither is Roku. Does anyone communicate anymore!!??

0 Kudos
pwilsman
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope. And the best Roku can say is that it's not their problem. Since it's on their platform you'd think they'd push a little bit more for tennis channel to fix it sooner rather than later but not the case. It's all about 'let me take your money and sorry not sorry about your problems.' There's no communication, no customer service, no quality anymore.

0 Kudos
Reds10001

Jump to solution

You cannot uninstall the channel but you can remove it, which does nothing. I also have lost tennis channel plus on Roku and wonder what is being done to fix the problem. I have removed and rebooted several times. 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have experienced with the Tennish Channel Plus on your Roku device, and we appreciate your efforts in attempting to resolve the issue. For this matter, we advise to contact the channel provider's support directly and inquire further about this issue. They can provide a workaround or there might be a need to update their app on the Roku platform since most channels on the Roku platform are designed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

If there's anything else we can do to assist you further, feel free to reach out to us or post a new thread here in the Roku Community.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.