Issue Tracking Board

Status updates, outage reports, fixes, and workarounds. Subscribe to a thread be notified of updates!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Al2son
Reel Rookie

Re: Tablo 4 not working after 14.0 update

Jump to solution

I have 3 Rokus. Only 1 (Roku Premiere 4620x) has updated to Roku software 14.0, the other 2 (Roku Ultra 4802x, Roku 3 4200x) are still running 13.1.4 (not sure why only 1 of the 3 updated, despite checking for updates on all 3).

When I try to playback recorded Tablo content from the Roku Premiere running 14.0, it will not play back recorded content. Shows the content is there, but when I tell it to play, it tries to start but returns to previous library screen after a few seconds. I am still able to stream live TV from all devices, and the recorded content plays fine on the other 2 Rokus, as well as on the mobile device app (iPad/iPhone).

I tried updating the app, deleting/reloading the app, as well as rebooting the Roku.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Have a possible solution?

Thanks!

rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Me too!

F Roku

0 Kudos
rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same.

Still waiting for Roku to fix.

But they suck.

0 Kudos
rmwojcik
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roll.Back.13.PLEASE!!!!

Al2son
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I reset the Roku to factory settings and tried again. Seems to be working normally now 🤞

Bit of a pain to reset all apps & settings, but if it fixes the error ...

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [Underinvestigation] Tablo TV channel crashing when trying to play recorded content.

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Community Users!

Thank you for bringing to our attention the issue you're experiencing with the Tablo TV App. We noticed that the app is not playing any recorded content; we understand how frustrating it is, particularly when you're looking forward to watching your favorite programs.

Update: It is under investigation, and we are currently working with the channel provider to resolve the issue.

To help us address this issue, please provide the following information:

1. Roku Device Information:

• Model
    • Serial Number
    • Device ID
    • Current Software Version (found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Channel Build Version:

• Please specify the version of the Tablo channel you are using.
  3. TV Make/Model:

4. Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Any steps you've already tried to resolve the issue.

We are grateful for your continued participation and understanding while the team works hard to resolve this issue. If you've discovered a solution, we encourage you to share it with others in the community! If not, please respond to this thread with the necessary information, and we will make every effort to help you.

"Note: We'll mark this post as a Solution for everyone's visibility."

Sincerely,
The Roku Community Team

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CSJ

Tablo recording playback not working after update

Jump to solution

Hello,

I also am having the same problem as others - the Roku has been updated to 14.0.4.  The replay of recorded programs is greeted with ” Playback Failed - This video is not playable on your device using the current settings. Visit tablo.com/roku-playback for troubleshooting tips” // Tablo does still play local channels correctly however.

I have completed all suggestions to fix from “tablo.com/roku-playback” however the problem remains.  The playback does however works on one of the other TV that is linked to this Premier + unit

Reference:

Model 4630X

Serial#  YR00AE372335 (7KA68A372335)

Software version: 14.04 build 12221-29

GC version: 12.417

0 Kudos
RJ18

Re: [Underinvestigation] Tablo TV channel crashing when trying to play recorded content.

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem as others in this thread.  The Tablo app no longer plays recorded or live shows.  I have tried hard and soft reboots as well as deleting and reinstalling the Tablo app.  As others have said, changing the audio output of the Roku to Dolby allows the Tablo app to play live and recorded shows but no sound is present.  My other Roku devices (Ultra 4800X and Ultra 4660X) are running software version 14.0.4 and the Tablo app works just fine on them.  Here is the device info for the Roku that has the problem:

Model: 3941X2 - Roku Express 4K+

Serial number: X0220075X5Y2

Software version: 14.0.4, build 12221-E4

Device ID: S0HAK2A5X5Y2

GC version: 12.4.17

Issue ID: Y2-421-666

Tablo application version: 0.8.800-734366

Tablo firmware version: 2.2.52

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.