Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SKARNICHT59
Reel Rookie

TDT channel not working after the update [13.0]

Jump to solution

I have a JVC 32" SI32RF, I installed the V13... and i have a problem with TDT channel.

It gets stuck as if it were slowing down and the transmission is heard choppy for several minutes, until it normalizes and works normally and after a few minutes it fails again and so on constantly (it doesn't happen on all channels). If I change the channel and go back to the one that failed, it will be fixed.
I had to go back to v12 and the tuner works fine. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: TDT channel not working after the update [13.0]

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @SKARNICHT59!

Depending on your location, you might be able to receive free "over-the-air" TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. We highly recommend trying to change your zip code and rescanning your antenna channels by following these steps:

1. Update the zip code by accessing Settings > System > Zip code and update the zip code.
  2. Rescan your antenna channels by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input > Antenna and select Scan.

Note: You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

If there are any additional issues or worries you would like to address, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @SKARNICHT59,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to gather more details about this issue you had. Can you please provide the following information?

• Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated? (Specify)
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SKARNICHT59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello! answering the questions:

• It only happens to me with a TV channel with an antenna, only one channel; It doesn't happen on channels with internet.
  • The only way I "solved" it was to return to version 12, through the recovery menu, pressing the Reset button for about 30 seconds until the recovery menu enters and following the steps on the screen.

I tried before restarting to factory mode with version 13, and the problem continued.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @SKARNICHT59!

Depending on your location, you might be able to receive free "over-the-air" TV broadcasts from nearby TV stations using an HDTV antenna. We highly recommend trying to change your zip code and rescanning your antenna channels by following these steps:

1. Update the zip code by accessing Settings > System > Zip code and update the zip code.
  2. Rescan your antenna channels by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input > Antenna and select Scan.

Note: You can refer to Antenna Web for more information on accessing “over-the-air” TV in your area and finding and using an HDTV antenna.

If there are any additional issues or worries you would like to address, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
SKARNICHT59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I don't have the option to update zip code, I am from Mexico

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.