Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xbedlessx
Reel Rookie

ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

I’ve had the ViX app for a while and at first it was working just fine on the TV. Suddenly when I click on a show or movie, the menu options disappear as if it’s going to start playing, but nothing happens. I’ve removed and reinstalled the app a hundred times at this point. It works on literally every other device. There is no issue with my account. I can stream from my phone just fine but that completely negates the purpose of a Roku.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @xbedlessx!

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issues. If you encounter an issue with a specific Vix channel and have tried all the playback troubleshooting steps to fix playback problems, it's best to contact the Vix customer support team for further assistance and clarification. Please be advised that most content on the Roku platform is provided and updated independently by streaming channel providers.

Hope you'll find this helpful info. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@xbedlessx-

Restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache after uninstalling but BEFORE reinstalling the channel.  Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.  This is not a cure-all but at least it will assure you of having an uncorrupted copy of the current channel app.  

Depending on your Roku model number you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or under "Settings > System".   If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in. 

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart.  Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
azat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey xbedlessx, are you by any chance connecting to the internet through a proxy or have aggressive firewall settings that filter out certain traffic?  Perhaps something like pfsense?  Also, when you launch the Vix application, do you see a splash video of the Vix logo appearing from the black background?  Would you mind sharing what country you are located in and what is the Roku device in-use? 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m also having the same issue with ViX not loading video. Seems like the latest build/update is most likely the culprit.

0 Kudos
azat
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hey @Juancarlgomez would you mind sharing what country you are from and also the device model?  Are you able to play things from the `En Vivo` screen?

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @Juancarlgomez!

We understand that you are experiencing the same issue with your Vix channel.

To help resolve the problem, please try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by @makaiguy. This includes restarting and fast TV start. For further troubleshooting, please visit our support page on How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply to the thread for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xbedlessx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did exactly that, with the system restart through the menu options before reinstalling and it’s still not working. It’s also still saving my login info, does that mean it’s not fully deleting the app? I don’t see any other way to ensure all the app info is gone before restarting and reinstalling.

0 Kudos
xbedlessx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi azat, 

I am in the USA using an onn branded Roku TV. I don’t have aggressive firewall settings or anything, this happened kind of randomly. When I first downloaded the app on the TV it worked perfectly. It still loads up and I can still sort through all my show options, but when I try to launch any show it just freezes on the splash screen for the show as if it’s trying to start but can’t.

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @xbedlessx!

We appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issues. If you encounter an issue with a specific Vix channel and have tried all the playback troubleshooting steps to fix playback problems, it's best to contact the Vix customer support team for further assistance and clarification. Please be advised that most content on the Roku platform is provided and updated independently by streaming channel providers.

Hope you'll find this helpful info. Let us know if you still have any questions.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
xbedlessx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Not helpful at all, thanks!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.