Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

@xbedlessx, ViX is developed by Univision.  Do you have any other apps that are developed by them?  If so, that may explain why your login information was still there when you did the remove, reboot, re-add procedure.  They may share saved information and you'd have to remove all of their apps and restart your device to remove all saved information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
azat
Reel Rookie

Re: ViX app won’t play any shows or movies

Jump to solution

Hey @xbedlessx, thank you for providing additional information about your issue.  I work on the Vix Roku app and I'm sorry you're having these issues.  What you are experiencing is an edge case scenario where a `ComponentLibrary` is not loading on your device which is preventing you from initiating playback.  My suspicion is that there is something wrong with your particular TV Roku firmware or the component library has updated its manifest to set a minimum firmware version that your device can no longer support.  Would you be able to please tell me the model # of your TV?  This information is located in Settings > System > About.  If you could also provide the "Software version", that can be found on the same screen, I would greatly appreciate it.  In a future release we will remove the requirement for that component library on certain devices.  Probably in a month or so (not a promise, since I don't control the release timings).  I'll respond in this thread again when this change is pushed to production.  Thanks!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.