Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drufe

Status update on closed issue that has not been solved yet

I'm trying to get an update on when the 'future release' that supposedly fixes a known issue that's been going on for 6 months will actually be released. The issue in the tracker has been marked 'solved by a future release'. It's been a month since a Roku mod has set the issue as solved thus not allowing end users to comment, ask questions, get updates, etc.

When will this future release happen that has this fix in it? It's beyond frustrating that basic fast forward functionality isn't working with YouTube TV; I would categorize that as a basic DVR use case since pretty much the late 1980s. I need to know if I need to ditch my Roku devices (I have 3 of them in my house) and move to something else so I can get my money's worth with YTTV.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Issue-Tracking-Board/Solved-by-future-update-YouTube-TV-freezes-when-f... 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Status update on closed issue that has not been solved yet

Greetings from the Roku Community, @drufe!

We see that you're asking for an update on this issue. Rest assured that we've already forwarded this to the appropriate Roku team for review. 

In the meantime, could you please tell us the current software version of your Roku device? (Settings > System > About)

You might also need to check for the latest software version on your Roku to ensure that your device is updated. You can check for the latest update by navigating to Settings > System > Software Update > Check Now.

We are looking forward to your response. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.