Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amazingAZ

Sound went out after streaming YouTube

I bought a new Streambar because I could not get any sound out.

Turns out after everything I tried that somehow after leaving YouTube music streaming ...without stopping it... that may have disable the sound for the Streambar.

I reconnected my old Roku to check the sound was not a TV problem, and when I stumbled around to get the Streambar back  on my smart TV there was no Roku home screen, instead there was a YouTube sign-up screen. I did not even think  I had selected the right input for the TV to the Streambar and ignored it the first time.  I wonder if that was the problem because after I exited that screen I got the Roku home screen back, and now I am getting sound again!!!

So frustrating for a 75 yo female who is not into high tech and wires, but I am pretty proud I was able to fix the problem and  I can now return the new Streambar without ever taking it out of the box.

Does anyone know what actually happened? I am not keen on watching Youtube ever gain after this incident... I am convinced it was started by streaming Youtube. Is there a sw problem in the Streambar?

0 Kudos