Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbgreen
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound fluctuation problems

Update to my post on 1/6/23...I posted what I believed to resolve the sound fluctuation problem I'd been encountering by removing and reinstalling the Xfinity streaming app. After approximately 12 hours the issue has resurfaced. Roku please help!!!

-Brian

0 Kudos
md40022
Channel Surfer

@jbgreen  if you're having your problems with the Xfinity Stream app I will tell you with 99.9% certainty that the "Firestick 4k Max", which is $54.99 on Amazon, does not have that problem.

I was also dealing with ridiculous audio issues with the Xfinity App and I did enough troubleshooting to know the problem was very specific to the Roku hardware or firmware. While having to spend another $55 kinda stinks, at the same time my problem seems to be 100% solved and I learned a lesson about the non-existent tech support from Roku...... so to me, $55 was worth the fix.

Also, the Firestick 4K Max download speed is doubling what my Roku Ultra had. Given that you're having problems with the exact same app, I'd say look into the Firestick 4K Max

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

With more detailed information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aquos
Channel Surfer

3810x-roku streaming stick+

sn- yhooad230230

software ver. 11.5.0 - build 43120-50

device id- 21308a230230

ip add-

sound goes out or gets loud  randomly ...started  a few months ago

alb81044
Channel Surfer

Don't know how much of the previous posts you have seen.  Does your issue occur commonly on one "channel," such as the NBC feed?  The only solution I have found so far is the hit the Home button, then go right back to what I was watching and that will fix it until the next time.  Purely random.  I have seen no help from Roku.

0 Kudos
aquos
Channel Surfer

doesnt matter what channel...it does it on all.... please fix it 

jbgreen
Channel Surfer

Xfinity Stream app was updated from 6.9 build 0 to 6.10 build 0. According to Xfinity this will address sound fluctuation issues reported using the Xfinity Stream app. I updated the app today. Let's see if this addresses the issue.

-Brian

0 Kudos
MD15

No the upgrade has not fixed the sound issues. In addition,  now there's an issue with not being able to access the live tv guide or mini guide. I have to keep restarting my Roku device however it is a temporary fix as it keeps happening. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Greeting @MD15

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing to best assist you. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing with the sound and live TV guide issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What other troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
alb81044
Channel Surfer

This is obviously a chronic issue with the Roku equipment.  I have yet to see them give a decent try at solving it.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.