Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Sound cutting out periodically

Hello @NWK0128

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

For us to isolate your audio issue, it would be very helpful if you could answer the following questions. 

-Do you receive any error codes or messages? If yes, please let us know.
-Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your device?
-Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup? If so, what is the make/model of that unit?
-In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.?

Moreover, if the issue only happens on one channel, removing the channel then adding it back in may help. You can visit this Support article for detailed instructions on how to do it: How do I resolve channel playback issues 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Chas1960
Reel Rookie

, I am having this issue on all four of my Roku Ultra devices/ TV's. Us there a fix for this? My son in law is having the same issue.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Chas1960,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Chas1960
Reel Rookie

It appears to be on random channels and as I had stated it is doing this on all four of our TV's. One TV does have a sound bar and it has an optical fiber cable. The other three doesn't have this cable they are just using the hdmi cables.

0 Kudos

I had this problem until just today. My guess is one of the updates includes new audio format options that can cause trouble with older cables. I bought a premium HDMI cable and have had not one issue since using it. I have a Roku TV, soundbar and wireless speakers. The cutting out used to happen for about a second or so, enough to miss a word or two and bother me. I use the ARC input from my TV to the soundbar. I bought a certified premium hdmi cable from a company called mono price. This chat doesn’t seem to let me link to it but I got it on amazoN. Hope this helps others with the same problem

0 Kudos
Tye11
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound cutting out all the time

My sound is cutting out all the time. I have followed the recommendations of the community, and it is still the same. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tye11,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for taking a moment in posting. We understand that you are experiencing a sound issue with your Roku device. We would be happy to look further into this issue but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on a specific channel or does the sound cut-out issue happen on all channels?
  • Is your Roku device directly connected to a TV or through another device such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar?
  • Have you tried using another HDMI cable to connect your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tye11
Reel Rookie

It happens on all channels. I just bought the wireless speakers and subwoofer for my soundbar and it's been happening since. It is directly inputted into the TV. No I haven't tried a different hdmi but I could. I have restarted the devices. I have placed in on auto in audio. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Tye11,

Thanks for following up.

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is that customers have reported that they were able to fix their audio lag issue by pressing the * button on the remote, going to "Volume Mode" and setting it on "Off". Have you tried this troubleshooting step and see if you notice any difference?

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kgrichards
Reel Rookie

RE: Roku Ultra Model 4800X 

A message to Roku Support.

Yep! I am having the same problem--that being complete audio drop out for say 1-2+ seconds and it is happening way too often. I have tried every solution I have read, from owners and from Roku Support. Nothing fixes the issue. Now I honestly want to know that Roku is doing regarding this  issue.  I want Roku to be honest with us, the people who have supported them with our purchases. If they know what is wrong and what is creating the problem, tell us. If they truly believe the issue can be fixed with a soon to be released update, tell us.  If it is an issue that cannot be fixed with an update, tell us. If it is a problem that we have to live with, tell us! Like many, I own several Roku units and I want to know where I stand. So Roku, where do I stand? But more than that, where do you stand? Thanks, kgrichards@suddenlink.net