Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teddy1951
Reel Rookie

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

i have restarted it. after a few hours it does it again. is there no permanent fix?

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

Have you read the entire thread about the * on your remote and then the volume ?   I switch it during the movie or program and sound pops back in.  Others have turned it off completely.  Read through the thread.  This seems to work the best out of all the fixes.

0 Kudos
Danielle35
Channel Surfer

Everyday I check for an update and then restart the Roku. No issues usually, unless I leave a channel paused for a while. Then I get playback and sound issues. I just restart. It's a pain but it works for now. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I have absolutely no problems anymore since I do what my last post says and my post before that and someone else posted pictures for you. Hit astrisk on your remote while you're in the movie you're watching says volume mode go down to volume mode and switch between off nighttime and or leveling. You only have three optionsI mostly leave it off and it works fine but when I do have a problem I don't restart anything I just do what I wrote up above and the sound pops right in

dendenjan

I read the thread. I did exactly as advised. Does not work for me. Also, when  my sound no longer works The volume function on my Roku remote no longer works.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

If you had no sound on your TV you wouldn't really know if your volume control worked or not. I don't have a Roku with a volume control I've got the simple one. During the time that your sound is out have you hit the asterisk and gone into the volume mode and just switched between settings? I have mine set to off right now but when it does lose sound and switch between night time and leveling and it pops right back in. The only thing I think can suggest if it's a new device take it back and try another model of Roku. I think I've got the cheapest one they make.

0 Kudos
lisad
Reel Rookie

I guess wrote it incorrectly. When the sound starts cutting out I attempt to hit the asterix to access the Volume control as you and others have suggested but the remote does not work at all - it's like everything is seized up. Eventually, the entire Roku device automatically reboots. 

I have found that all of the "shows" on CBS have this issue but not the "live". NBC on the otherhand the sound just stops completely but the video keeps going regardless of what I attempt to watch.

I can only assume it it channel specific because Hulu with commercials is fine. I only use the free NBC and CBS> And ABC works perfectly fine, no issues. 

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I have had that happen a couple times recently. The exact same situation where the remote does not work. I thought it was the batteries. The only thing I can assume is that there could possibly have been a software upgrade and it happened right in the middle of our shows. It's only happened to me twice in the past two or 3 weeks and I don't know what channel I was on probably Amazon prime. I tend to binge on one show until I've seen all seasons. could be a new problem popping up. I have that same problem all the time with spectrum cable box. They blame it on me. The remote just stops working. That's when I switch over to my Roku.

0 Kudos
Notatester
Reel Rookie

That is the same fix for Windows 98 but most people got tired of the fix.

Espresso

Same problem with my Ultra Roku and it always seems to occur on a transition from a show to a commercial or when it switches back to the show. This is from a Ultra to a Pioneer VSX-1124 to a Samsung uhh tv. All hdmi connections. I suspect a major flaw in the software for digital protection scheme for audio. 

disconnection and reconnection mostly works, but this happens on 20% of the scene transitions, so if I watch a new show it will happen within 30 minutes. What a waste of money.

0 Kudos