Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksloc

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

This happens to me almost on a daily basis 

0 Kudos
lisad
Reel Rookie

I have a Roku Express and this happens on CBS App, NBC App, ABC App. Video and audio fine, then get through several commercial breaks and the video starts getting garbled, then video/audio freeze and stop. Then the player restarts. I can't get through any of the shows without this happening. Even after restart, when I fast forward back to where I last was, the same thing happens. Something is up when the commercials play. I do not have this issue on Hulu, or Netflix, or Prime Viedo. Only on the news apps. I can't get through a 48 Hours or 60 minutes show without several restarts. The commercials play fine and have good audio.

I reloaded apps, updated apps, nothing seems to work. ANd it gets worse as the show progresses -- I haven't seen the last 5 minutes of about a dozen shows between the Roku lock ups and restarts, going back to the show, trying to find where I left off. Very Very frustrating. Is it my TV (Visio), my soundbar (Visio) or a ROku setting? I wonder if it's the video having issues buffering or something but my connection always says it's "Excellent". 

0 Kudos

I changed out my Firesticks for Roku, and I have a split-second dead spot on the audio every 15 seconds, no matter what channel.  Firestick will not support Spectrum and this is not something I can live with.  I have tried all suggestions to no avail.

0 Kudos
iluv2fly26

Everyday I have to reset the ROKU.  I decided to buy the newer version.  I have had the one in my living room since 2016 and my bedroom.  But, the only one that the sound keeps cutting off is the LR one.  So, let me see what happens when I buy the newer one today.

Imemine
Roku Guru

When the sound cuts off on me I hit the asterisk on my remote and find the section that says sound and I fluctuate that on and off and the sound pops back in. most people just turn it off and they haven't had any problems. I've heard the buying a new one changes nothing you still have the same problem

0 Kudos
ewhitticar
Channel Surfer

I just bought the brand new Roku Ultra and the issue has started for me.  I did not have it with older devices.   I have it hooked up to a Marantz A/V receiver (NR1603), and changing the input on the receiver away from the Roku Ultra and back to it temporarily restores the sound. 

I just tried replacing the old HDMI cable to the one that came with the new Roku box, and will let you know if that resolves the issue. 

0 Kudos
Gkuempel83

Change Audio setting from auto to stereo

Imemine
Roku Guru

I tried so hard to answer you and I've been trying to answer you for almost two hours but there's no way I can upload a photo it keeps turning sideways I don't know what the problem is with the community Roku. But somebody else in this thread has pictures of what you have to do with the sound leveling hit the asterisk key when you're watching a show it'll say sound either hit leveling off or night and your sound should pop right on

StacyL

My Roku started having issues with sound not syncing up with the picture last night. This morning I have absolutely no sound. I have done restarts, resets & even a full factory reset. The only way I can hear a show is to listen to it through their app on my phone.

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I don't think the synking up has anything to do with the Roku, I think it has to do with the way they edited the TV show . Did you check other channels to see if it was happening there too? Have you tried the asterisk and then volume mode? When the sound is off go to volume mode and switch it to the different choices there's only three. My sound pops right back in.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.