Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daph

Can log on to apps, but no picture or sound. Video doesn't play

Jump to solution

My Roku is not playing any video but plays the sound and shows the title and closed captions and it’s on all apps the Home Screen shows up in able to go threw and pick a movie on the apps but it won’t play the video I’ve unplugged and left unplugged for several minutes I also restarted it threw the settings unplugged and blew out the ports I followed the instructions on going to the setting and checking the display. I can’t figure it out anyone know what to do? It was working this morning then it just stopped 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can log on to apps, but no picture or sound. Video doesn't play

Jump to solution

Hello @Daph,

Welcome here to the Roku Community!

It appears that your Roku device is experiencing difficulties playing videos while the audio and captions work properly. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest trying the following steps:

1. Unplug the Roku device and then plug it back in.
  2. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting remove.
  3. System restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power/System restart.
  4. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting Store, and then adding the Channels.

Let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can log on to apps, but no picture or sound. Video doesn't play

Jump to solution

Hello @Daph,

Welcome here to the Roku Community!

It appears that your Roku device is experiencing difficulties playing videos while the audio and captions work properly. To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest trying the following steps:

1. Unplug the Roku device and then plug it back in.
  2. Uninstall the channel by highlighting it, pressing the * button, and selecting remove.
  3. System restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power/System restart.
  4. Reinstall the channel by pressing the home button on your Roku remote, scrolling and selecting Store, and then adding the Channels.

Let us know if these steps help!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.