Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sound Keep Cutting Out

My Roku Ultra is 3 years old. It did this occasionally, and a reboot fixed it. The problem is now occurring more frequently, and reboot still works for a time. But I'm tired of this. The old Roku owes me nothing at this point. A new Ultra is $70, and the old one is clearly out of warranty, so I'm going for it. 

My 2nd Ultra is only 1 1/2 years old, and never had that problem. 

0 Kudos

Restart does NOT work to solve the problem on my Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@scotchwhiskey

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rainbomama
Reel Rookie

We are having the exact same problem on one of our three televisions.  

0 Kudos
rainbomama
Reel Rookie

Just to let everyone know what our situation is and what we have tried or not tried. 

We have 3 or 4 Roku sticks in our house, and only one television has the sound cutting in and out NONSTOP.  I just had my husband press the * button on his Roku remote to see if it the volume mode was on or off.  It was off, so that's not the problem for us.  I also have a small-ish bluetooth speaker that he is using right now, and the problem hasn't happened since he paired the little speaker to the TV earlier today.  Prior to today, he has been using a bluetooth speaker sound bar.  We were unsure if the issue was the sound bar speaker, the television, our internet connection or the Roku stick.  We are trying various things that I've read on this site.  He is currently going back to factory settings to see if that solves the problem.  

0 Kudos
Imemine
Roku Guru

I really don't have that problem so much anymore since I got a new Roku about 2 years ago I had the simple one that they won't let me change here to my new one which is the Roku Express 4K Plus I haven't had any problems with the sound I think I just had the Roku express it was too old you always need to update

0 Kudos