Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Several apps are able to log in but not able to play content?

Im having no issue logging into apps. but when trying to play content I'm given different reasoning by each app as to the issue, Netflix is saying please close and reopen app, Disney Plus, saying not available, Roku Channel, contents been removed, Peacock, Content not available 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Several apps are able to log in but not able to play content?

Hi, @silversable, greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for reporting this issue and would like to know more about it. Can you please let us know where you are located? Besides the mentioned channels, are there any other apps that are not working? Have you successfully used these apps before?

We'll be waiting for your reply and examining this issue closely.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

location arnold maryland, I've never had an issue with more then one app at a time, I've experienced issues with Netflix closing out on nowhere in the middle of streaming, and it will continue to close randomly so I've resorted to usually casting netflix from my phone to the tv. I've also had an issue a long time ago when i had to delete and re-download netflix in order for it to open. but ive never experienced anything like this. I tried one app after another going through each app I'm subscribed to and even the roku app. they all opened with no issues and no lagging or freezing, just when I tried to play content each app gave me different reasons why they couldn't play content 

0 Kudos

update : Hulu is now playing content no problem. I am subscribed to the disney plus and hulu bundle pack. so disney plus should also be working

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When experiencing problems with multiple channel apps, the first thing I would try would be to restart the Roku.  Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under "Settings > System > Power", or on models without a Power option, under "Settings > System".

And for good measure, it can't hurt to restart your router as well.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
WandaW64

I have restarted my router  my roku my remote, when I hit play on a program on any streaming service  it say "that didn't work, lets try unplugging your streaming device,  This just started last night, I am in MPLS MN

0 Kudos
WandaW64

I have the same problem, it is my Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @WandaW64,

Thanks for the first post to the Roku Community!

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, as you were to be unable to stream on your Roku device. We also appreciate the steps you took to fix the issue.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue further. For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the problem:

• What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV)
  • Are there any changes in the setup or settings of your Roku device or your network provider that might cause the problem?
  • Have you tried removing the channel you observed this issue on from the Roku home screen? Then, restart your device. Once it loads up again, add the channel and try playing content again.
  • Have you tried to connect your Roku device to an alternative wireless network connection, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you are still experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted with the details, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.