Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Service still not working - remotes do not function.

Yes, that would be concerning. The only Roku TV I currently have a use (made by Sharp) is only used as a computer monitor, and my daughter hasn't told me of any issues with it. Out of curiosity, have you tried using the Roku app on a phone or tablet to see if you can control the TV? That would isolate if the problem is with the remote or the TV itself. 

Have you pulled the power from the TVs, waited 30 seconds, then plugged them back in? That's the only way to truly reboot a TV, since turning them "off" only puts them in a sleep mode. Also, what brands are your TVs? Are they made by Roku, or by one of the other manufacturers of Roku TVs, such as TCL, Sharp, Hisense, etc. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

Serial S07P429FC 

Inconsistent.  Sometimes I can't get pass the Roku logo.  Other times I can get to putting my wireless password, but can't enter in the network password.  I have no control over the 3's that are "in" the box where the code should go.  Can't make the remote go anywhere.  

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@151 You haven't provided enough information. What is your model Roku, and if it's a TV who manufactured it? What precisely is your issue: the remote not working correctly, the player itself having issues? Your post is a little to vague to know how to respond. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
sflawbabe
Reel Rookie

This was weeks ago.  Service was down.  No further reply required.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.