Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sillerk
Reel Rookie

Screen goes black after 11 seconds of inactivity in Youtube

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Express 4k+ stick, and I am having playback issues in Youtube. If I take more than 11 seconds to push a button, the screen goes black (yes, I did time it and it is actually 11 seconds). This includes while a video is playing. This is not happening in any of the other apps that I tested. I tried:

1. Unplugging the tv and the power cord for the stick for 30 seconds then plugging them back in

2. Doing a system restart

3. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Youtube app

4. Uninstalling the Youtube app, restarting the system, then re-installing the app

None of these were successful and I am unsure of how to solve the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Screen goes black after 11 seconds of inactivity in Youtube

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @sillerk!

We understand that the problem you're experiencing has returned, and we'd like to help you resume streaming YouTube without interruptions. 

Have you tried uninstalling the app, rebooting your Roku, and then reinstalling it, just like before, to see if it resolves the issue? 

We suggest contacting YouTube support for further assistance with the issue specific to this channel. They are equipped to provide additional help and can suggest workarounds to resolve the problem.

For more troubleshooting tips, check out this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please get back to us if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @sillerk 

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We understand the issue you have encountered with the YouTube channel on your Roku device which the screen goes black after 11 seconds of inactivity, and we'd like to know more about the issue so we can help you address this matter. Kindly provide the details below:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
  • Is this issue only happening with the YouTube app, or are other channels affected?
  • What version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).

With more details you can provide aside from the requested details above, it will help us further look at the issue you have encountered, and we can assist further.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sillerk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I moved and didn’t have WiFi for a few weeks, but the problem is back.

The problem started 3 weeks ago.

Only the YouTube app. I tried Peacock and Netflix and they’re both working normally.

Version 2.34 build 185

0 Kudos
RokuEmmanuel-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, @sillerk!

We understand that the problem you're experiencing has returned, and we'd like to help you resume streaming YouTube without interruptions. 

Have you tried uninstalling the app, rebooting your Roku, and then reinstalling it, just like before, to see if it resolves the issue? 

We suggest contacting YouTube support for further assistance with the issue specific to this channel. They are equipped to provide additional help and can suggest workarounds to resolve the problem.

For more troubleshooting tips, check out this support article: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please get back to us if you need more help. 

All the best,
Emman

Emmanuel-D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.