Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screen Saver Ends Media Player Playback

Jump to solution

@Gimmick51 wrote:

However, I keep screensaver off and make sure to play in shuffle mode to avoid the same "album jacket" from being displayed.

The album graphic is not the only thing to worry about, and at least it changes  once in a while, especially if playing a mix of music.  The stuff outlined in yellow below doesn't change at all.

aaa.jpg

And although the text below the album cover does change, many of the pixels will be reused on subsequent cuts.

Am I remembering correctly that RMP used to have its own screen saver that moved the album art and some of the text around on the screen, independent from the the system's screen saver and its settings?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Gimmick51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello.  Yes, the Roku Media Player (RMP) still uses a Roku screensaver of your choice to display but the music selections only play up to two selections and then the player stops.  It never had the ability to move the selection album cover around the screen.  To date, I am unaware that Roku ever resolved the problem as I continue to shuffle the music selections to change album cover displays and content information.  

Cuttee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My brand new Roku Ultra have the same problem and it is only a week old as of May 22, 2021.  The Screensaver stops Media Playback (music) and the only way to "fix" this is to disable Screensaver.  In addition, I also found out that Media Playback can't play Slideshow and music at the same time.  My 10 years old 2011 Western Digital WD TV Live box can do both of these tasks with ease.  Ten years later, Roku still can't perform these simple tasks

Gimmick51
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, this is Gimmick51 and I posted the original complaint about screen saver versus media player.  I am happy to report that, apparently, Roku has resolved the problem.  I am playing Media Player with the clock screen saver on Roku Express+ and it is playing consistently and continuously.  I congratulate Roke for identifying and fixing the issue.  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I changed my screensaver back to the original Roku and it started working properly again. Issue isn’t pandora it’s Roku screensaver themes 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.