Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakerssuperman
Streaming Star

Re: Roku has become worthless without proper frame rate matching

Fantastic!!!!  I just wish they would say they're going to properly implement the feature or tell us it's never going to happen for reasons so at least we know and can make informed decisions like moving to a different hardware platform.

0 Kudos
lmacmil2
Streaming Star

If they haven't done it with this 2024 version, it's probably safe to assume they are never going to do it.

0 Kudos
lakerssuperman
Streaming Star

I don't know that it's a hardware limitation.  I would assume it is software and they can do it if they put time to it.

The Chromecast with Google TV dongle can match 24.000fps content and it's hardware is old and was never amazing to begin with.  I can't believe that the Roku hardware can't do it if they chose to implement it.

0 Kudos
phialek
Reel Rookie

what i dont understand is that Roku doesnt reply, and those replies they did had nothing to do with the actual issue. are they doing this on purpose?

It cant be an hardware issue why they cant change the framerate. When they are able to change it to 24hz then they are able to change it to any framerate. They have just called it a day.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Remember that the moderators here in the community are not engineers or other technical staff. We have no idea what is happening behind the scenes, and it's possible (not likely, but possible) that they can't get a solid answer themselves. I know if I was in their place I wouldn't want to answer without accurate information.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.