Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shpj93

Re: Roku ultra making loud noise when turned on have to unplug to stop it.

Jump to solution

Has anyone had success. I have bought over 6 rokus for my home. They have always been great until this one, one of the most expensive ones. I purchased thinking it was defective and exchanged it, but same issue with the next one. I have changed HDMI cords and ports to no success. What is happening? I can't return it no more. With this one it doesn't happen Everytime but like every 3-4 days. Still annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Shpj93

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ntmdaniel

Jump to solution

@Klmartin29 wrote:

Every time turn it on there is a high pitch noise from the device. Have to unplug to stop. Purchased for Christmas. Have changed tv ports.

What is the solution to this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Ntmdaniel

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing?

Please provide the information requested in my previous post and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SteveO5

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. How do I fix it? It is a Roku ultra 4800x, software 10.0.0.4209                      

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@SteveO5

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found in Settings > System > About or underneath the player itself. 

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to our support team for further assistance.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Jsonera
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem. The serial number is YY00FU680194. I have 7 ROKU’s and none of them have had any issues with the exception of this one. Please help. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Faceface

Jump to solution

Same issue.  We recieved ours as a Christmas gift.  This was our first roku.  Looks like we are going to go back to using our playstation. =/

0 Kudos
bobtaurus
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same problem start a few weeks ago. After finding no solutions online that worked (including changing the sound to Digital Dolby), I used the Live Chat in Roku Support (support.roku.com). After just a few minutes, the agent said they'd send me a new Ultra. I recommend simply doing this.

0 Kudos
Sabrina11
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you! I hope this works. This thread is marked as solved even though it clearly isn't

0 Kudos