Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku stick not connecting to LG Tv hdmi

Roku stick 4k is not working with LG tv. It says, no signal. Hence no connection with remote as well. Tried all rebooting and everything. Please help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku stick not connecting to LG Tv hdmi

@Bhanu1318519 How are you powering the Roku Streaming Stick 4k?  Are you using a USB port on the TV?  If so try plugging into a working wall outlet.  Are you sure the LG Tv is on the correct input for the Roku device?  If you have another HDMI input available on the TV try a different HDMI input.

0 Kudos
CiGi

Did all that. Changed HDMI ports twice. There is power there is light on the Roku stick. I choose the HDMI port on the LG TV. I get a black screen that first comes up and says Roku on the left and then totally black. if I press the Roku remote all I hear is a kerplunk from the back where the stick is just a little noise that indicates there is power but it’s not doing anything. If I click onto Netflix, I will get some audio but no video

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @CiGi,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We would like to better support you and assist you with this. Could you tell us how are you powering this device? It is advised to power it from a source with adequate power to function correctly and prevent needless behavior. Furthermore, is this a brand-new device or has it been used previously?

To help you even more, please provide us with more information about this.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos