Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Roku not working on Samsung smart TV, saying it needs to be powered on

My Samsung TV usually displays “no signal” or similar, when I first select the Roku input as well.  (Really any brand of TV should do this.)  However, I expect that, since I leave my Roku set to the default of going to sleep after a period of inactivity.  So, I just press the home key on the Roku remote to wake it up and continue.   If that’s a bother, you can turn off the automatic power saving on the Roku – a Roku at idle doesn’t use much power anyway, but I’m willing to press a button to save a watt or two.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Harleyguy8980
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply but, I did turn off the auto savings mode in Roku but, still having the same issue.  I've tried everything suggested.  😞 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Harleyguy8980,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having trouble with your Roku streaming stick 4K. We're happy to help you further. Try connecting your Roku player with a different cable to see if there is a problem with the cable, and please make sure it is securely attached to the HDMI connector on your TV.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Harleyguy8980
Reel Rookie

The solution in my case was changing the display from Auto to 1080p.  It’s been a few days now and no issues so far!

when I turn the TV on, it automatically goes to the Roku and I don’t get the error message….No signal found.

0 Kudos
JayBofMA

Back to the Extreme 4k+

I have two, plus a stick 4k+  The stick has been problem free.  But both Extremes have had remote issues. 

One repeatedly kept telling me I needed to re-sync the remote to the TV.  I have never had that issue in 10+ years of Roku.  And when synced, it would power on the later model Samsung Smart TV but not the Roku!?! I turned off the energy saving auto-off feature and now the Roku comes up when the TV powers on.  But that means the Roku is actually still tuned to the streaming channel and pulling bandwidth, I imagine....

The second Extreme has not been able to power on the second Samsung Smart TV.  The syncing configuration recognizes I have a Samsung, and I can hear audio, right away.  But the syncing asks to continue, each time asking if the audio is still heard. That continues until it eventually ends without completing properly.  I have no control over the TV.  So very 20th Century with two remotes.

Other than performance of loading apps, the old HD only stick that this second Extreme replaced behaved fine.  I just wanted to have control over the TV with one remote.  The Extreme has failed me in that regard.  I may have to move my 4k+ stick to see if it is more successful.  I fear that I will just have the same behavior with the Extreme on the third TV, as it is not Samsung but a lesser brand.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JayBofMA,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We will be delighted to assist you further with this Roku remote issue. Could you send us a photo of the error code that you're getting?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos