Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZfan
Reel Rookie

Roku no longer allows Surround Sound audio playback of Tablo OTA DVR app

Jump to solution

HI

This issue has risen it head again!!!  I have three Roku devices and one Roku TV.  A couple of weeks ago, one of my Roku devices could not read a Tablo audio playback if the surround sound is turned on.  I have temporarily turned off surround sound and the audio files are now working on Roku.  I had opened a case with Roku (don't have the support ticket as they haven't sent an email with the number).  Her solution was that it was my tv's issue.  I took the working Roku stick from one tv to the tv that had the Roku issue.  Issue was resolved.  So it is the Roku streaming stick. The two devices that can't read the surround sound audio are older devices.  I have had this setup between Roku and Tablo for over 7 years.  It was just in the last couple of weeks that things quit working.  I have tried the suggestions in this string, but none of them helped.  Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Litzdog911
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku no longer allows Surround Sound audio playback of Tablo OTA DVR app

Jump to solution

It happened again on my Roku/Tablo setup, but the original solution fixed it ....

Changing the Roku "Volume Mode" from "Leveling" to "OFF" fixed it. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Litzdog911
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It happened again on my Roku/Tablo setup, but the original solution fixed it ....

Changing the Roku "Volume Mode" from "Leveling" to "OFF" fixed it. 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @AZfan!

It is highly appreciated that you've brought this to our attention and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution so you can get back on streaming the Tablo TV channel. 

Before we proceed, we'd like to gather further information about this matter so we can provide you with an accurate resolution possible. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

• Serial number of the affected Roku players.
  • Model of your surround sound and the TV it was connected to.
  • Does the issue persist even when using surround sound with your Roku TV?
  • Is this the only channel affected by this?

In the meantime, we suggest highlighting the channel tile of Tablo TV and pressing the star (*) button to update it and also manually checking for software updates on the affected Roku players through Settings > System > Software update > Check now

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to help you resolve this. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AZfan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Devices that have the issue:

3810K - Roku Streaming Stick+

serial: YH00D445775

On this tv, I went back to the tv speakers.  I took the surround system out of the equation.  I have tried updating the software and it is at version 12.5.5 build 4174-50.  Tablo is the only issue on all the devices.  I can go to Philo and Netflix with no issue.  I have turned off the surround sound option in Tablo and the new shows play with no issues. 

4660X - Roku Ultra

serial: YJ009P341319

On this tv, I also went to the tv speakers taking the surround system out of the equation.  The issue is still there. I have also tried to update the software on the roku with it stating it was already up to date.  This unit is at version 12.5.5 build 4174-46.

The Roku tv has external speakers with sub woofer and has no issues with playing the Tablo shows with surround sound turned on.

I have another Steaming Stick 4K model 3820x serial S08Y4248V9JC.  It also was able to play the Tablo show with no problem.  Now I'm having issues with that stick in that the remote is frequently not working with the stick. Put new batteries in the remote with no change in behavior.

thankjs

Rod Cook

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku no longer allows Surround Sound audio playback of Tablo OTA DVR app

Jump to solution

Thank you for the added information, @AZfan.

We appreciate you for providing us with precise elaboration of your concern. 

In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team to further investigate and find you the best resolution possible. Since you've already provided us with the model and serial number of the affected devices, kindly provide us with a Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID) as this will serve as your report tracker.

Also, just to clarify, is the surround system you are referring to an external device (A/V receiver)? If so, could you please let us know the model of it? However, if this is an audio feature inside the Tablo channel, please let us know as well.

Furthermore, regarding the remote concern you've mentioned, is this the remote that comes with the Roku Streaming Stick 4K? If so, when and where did you purchase this? 

We'll be looking forward to your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AZfan
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 11.5] Roku no longer allows Surround Sound audio playback of Tablo OTA DVR app

Jump to solution

Tracker ID is 55-103-574

Both surround systems are external. 

Streaming stick has a Visio surround system model SB3851-D0

The Roku ultra has a Yamaha surround system model TSR-700

The remote I'm having trouble with is from the Roku Streaming Stick 4K.  I did set it up on another Roku device and was having the same issues there. I believe we bought this Roku Streaming stick from Walmart.

Note that there is a setting within Tablo that allows the show to record with surround sound.  After having this work flawlessly for years, the shows just on stereo are really bland. Tablo is the only channel that is having the issue.  Surround works great with Philo and Netflix.

thanks

Rod

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is appreciated, @AZfan.

Rest assured that we will forward these details to our relevant Roku team to further investigate and determine the cause and once we have been notified of updates, we will make sure to let you know. 

Furthermore, regarding your remote concern, kindly check your inbox as we will send you a Private Message to gather further information about this. 

In the meantime, your patience, understanding, and cooperation are highly appreciated as we try to gather further information. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos