Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku keeps stopping on multiple channels

Hi @ChezBuger

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Could you try using a different power cable and adapter to see if that will make a difference? Please let us know.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
ChezBuger
Reel Rookie

Hey Kariza, thanks for the suggestion. We ended up changing the USB power plug and we are using an old phone charger. We were able to watch a full movie last night! Thanks again!

0 Kudos
MommaWolf
Channel Surfer

I did as you suggested, and used a wall based plug to power my Roku. It still happens. Another issue I have is it changes channel by it's self. It always changes it to the last channel I viewed previously.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @MommaWolf

We're here to help!

Please reply here with the serial number of the affected Roku device. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaWolf
Channel Surfer

This happens on multiple devices. Our bedroom one, when I used a wall charger, kept giving me an HDMI message that we had to constantly clear. Our living room one will have the picture go all squirrely and then it reboots, and then some days, at 3 pm exactly, it switches channels to what I was watching at noon. I will try to get the numbers for you later.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@MommaWolf

Thanks for the reply.

Please provide us with the serial number of the affected Roku devices so we can further help you out.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaWolf
Channel Surfer

Roku.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@MommaWolf

Thanks for the response.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
MommaWolf
Channel Surfer

Ok. It just rebooted again. I have done all you have asked. REset Network settings, reset the Roku, plugged into a receptacle. This has been going on forever and I have no clue how to fix it.

0 Kudos
eniram57

Mine stops on 2 different apps. Information provided below.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:

-Roku device model Hisense TV Model 65R7E1 65R6+

-serial number S/N 65G191681UH5868
YN00Y7016943

-device ID Hisense TV Model 65R7E1 65R6+

-software OS/version ROKU

(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

Prime Video 14.0 Build 2020072121 and Netflix 5.1 build 105079013

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.