Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

Re: Roku keeps going to home screen while watching

Tracker ID 26-234-572

Roku 4620X Premier

SN YT00GU568076

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4184-29

GC Version 9.3.516

Timestamp 2023-06-12T21-:32.132

0 Kudos
Rayv3n

I am experiencing the same issues on TCL Roku TV. I have tried the following;

Checking for a software update.

Removing the channels and adding them back.

Factory reset.

None have fixed the problem so far. 

#tclrokutv #rokutv 

grooveon7

Roku TV crashed to the Home screen

I have a Roku TV TCL and After all the troubleshooting steps it keeps kicking me out of every app and looping me back to the home screen. I even reset my home modem and router, and did everything else Roku suggests. Everything else I own is working fine. The ROKU just continues to kick me out and takes me to the home screen .I have done every solution listed and still it keeps doing this. HELP

0 Kudos
Kassiemike1115
Reel Rookie

For everyone having the issue with shows stopping and going to home screen, all's you gotta do is unplug TV for 30 seconds and plug back in. That's it! After 2 months of straight frustration I finally got ahold of a live agent that had me do this and I've had zero problems since!!

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku TV crashed to the Home screen

Hi @grooveon7,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We regret hearing about this issue on your Roku TV, and we'd like to know more about it.

When did you start seeing the issue occur? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Have you tried using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot or an Ethernet cable, to see if you are still getting the same issue?

Let us know more about this so that we can further work on additional troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with your Roku device returning to the Home screen.

If you are experiencing this issue on a Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Express, or Roku Premiere device, we highly recommend making sure your Roku device is plugged into a wall outlet instead of through the TV USB port as sometimes the TV does not provide adequate power to the device.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • are you watching specific content when this issue occurs? Live TV content or VOD (video on demand)?
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
riddlegrad
Streaming Star

RokuDanny, this information was provided in the posts that some of us have made in prior pages but here goes:

Tracker ID 26-234-572

Roku 4620X Premier

SN YT00GU568076

Software Version 12.0.0 build 4184-29

GC Version 9.3.516

Timestamp 2023-06-12T21-:32.132

It's plugged into a wall outlet, it's Hulu Live content and it is while watching CBS local channel for me for others on the forum it's other channels and it goes back to home screen on programming change on the half hr or hour depending on the program you are viewing.

0 Kudos
Siamese81
Reel Rookie

Roku device keeps going back to home screen

I am also having this issue. My Roku device keeps resetting and it has been happening now for a couple weeks. It’s really frustrating since we have trouble watching tv sometimes. It happens when using different apps so it’s just not an issue with an app. My device resets when using an app, trying to check latest software update, etc. 

Roku device model: 3932RD-Roku HD Streaming Player

Serial #: X00400RKLRKM

Device ID : S00K32AKLRKM

Software version: 12.0.0 build 4184-AE

Tracker ID: KM-178-613

0 Kudos
1stnlast
Channel Surfer

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

I threw my tv in a dumpster cut your losses Romu doesn’t care never buy their tv again.  It will cut the frustration forever.  

Aldebrand
Binge Watcher

Re: Keeps going back to home screen

At least sell it or recycle it. We have enough waste on this planet as it is. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.