Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku keeps going back to home screen

This happens to me too, with multiple apps, at least I’ve noticed it with Max and Netflix so far. I’ve checked for updates for the apps as well as the tv. I have also deleted and reinstalled the apps. What more can I try ?

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
Frank10

Re: Roku keeps going back to home screen

I am having the same issue and have tried all suggestions I have found on this thing! 
model: 3940CA - Roku Express 4K

serial number: X01600MHPGLW

software ver: 12.0.0•build 4184-CR

device ID: S07S427HPGLW

Happens with Paramount+ and Apple

c’mon Roku - Give us some answers!!

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kstreeter06,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we appreciate your efforts at resolving it. We'd like to take a closer look at this.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if you're still experiencing the same issue? We also suggest connecting to an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if the issue persists.

We'll be looking forwards to your update.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
funkytrunx
Channel Surfer

Same issue as folks back in July (and probably more recently as well).  I've tried all the same things as others as well as the things suggested by Roku mods, but to no avail.  Happens on Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc. and it happens on BOTH of my streambars.  Here is the information provided by the Issue Report Tracker (for all the good it will do...)

Model:  9102R - Roku Streambar

Serial number:  YL006H542785 (2A1126542785)

Software version:  12.0.0 - build 4185-95

GC version:  10.2.518

Timestamp:  2023-10-31T22:04:38Z

Issue ID 85-437-644

Roku, if you haven't solved this issue yet (which obviously you haven't), you should AT LEAST put out a statement talking about what you have done, and what you plan to do about it.  The alternative is losing your customer base.

Mstromberg62
Reel Rookie

Here we are in Dec and my (3 year old) TCL tv is doing the same as others -- going right back to the homescreen. ALL my " channels" -- peacock, paramount+, N/F, disney+, you tube. Have made sure all updates are current, started and restarted... plugged and unplugged the tv. Frustrating is putting it mildly. --- what fixes do you have ???

0 Kudos
Kimssosilly
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issues that y'all are having with my Roku returning to the home screen every minute or so. Has anyone had any luck with a fix or any help from roku?

Kimssosilly
Channel Surfer

Any luck with fixing this issue? Thank you for your time....

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kimssosilly,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried it yet, you can remove the affected channel and then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.)

For detailed instructions, refer to our Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please let us know how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
funkytrunx
Channel Surfer

@RokuJechealR have you not been paying attention to the comments in here?  it happens on EVERY CHANNEL!  there have been MULTIPLE restarts, deletions of channels, and everything that all of you have "suggested" but NOTHING is helping.  like i mentioned in my previous comment, either fix this or you will be losing your clientele.  this is not a threat but common sense.  if you can't provide, someone else will.  you are in the customer service business.  please provide it!

normg452
Reel Rookie

Happens to me too. All apps, two different  streaming sticks, three different internet providers.Restarts, resets, delete  and add apps, check for updates.

Nothing helps. Seems like roku software to me.