Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WESTPATV

Roku channel shows will not play

Roku channel won’t play any shows. Tried restarting the connection and redownloading the app. Nothing works. 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel shows will not play

Hello @WESTPATV 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message? Please let us know. We'd like to know more about how we can help.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

I also have this issue and it has continued for months with two different Rokus.  

It is only the Roku channel itself having issues.

I have removed the channel, restarted the Roku, and readded the channel multiple times with no improvement.  Device is up to date with all updates and I am not using a VPN.

The channel opens.  You can select a movie, video, whatever to watch but when you click play it just does a loop going back to the play option.  Video will not load.

Please help

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Bluecord11B

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We're sorry to hear about your experience streaming The Roku Channel. For us to help you better, can you provide with us the following: 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • The channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

I'm also experiencing the same issue for months now.

Model 4210X - Roku2

Serial 5f4618138628

Ver 12.0.0 Build 4184-04

Roku Channel Ver 9.3 Build 10

Issue ID 28-276-401

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @m3n7alpiracy,

Thanks for posting.

We understand there has been a problem accessing content within The Roku Channel. Please be advised that we have passed along your concern and information to the appropriate Roku team. They will investigate this issue further, and we'll update the Community once more information is available.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

I have the same problem and I have reset tv to factory and still roku channel shows but won't play.  This is definitely a roku issue and since I have never seen any roku answers here I will be contacting every gov't agency that has anything to do with business from BBB to FCC.

0 Kudos
mlp1

I have the same problem on all three devices, Roku TV, Roku streaming stick, and Roku express. On line chat and Ram could not resolve the problem. Told me to phone a number and give my Case ID# and they said they would call me back but never did. All other streaming platforms work but not the Roku channel.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mlp1,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing this with us, and rest assured that we'll take things from here. But before we can proceed to work on the issue, can you please provide the following details below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we receive this information, we'll send it over to the appropriate Roku team to handle the situation further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos