Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel freezes on commercial's last frame Roku Express

Hi @DonnaWho,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reaching out. Could you tell us how you are powering this device? Is it connected directly to a wall outlet or a TV USB port? When the issue occurs, is this happening within accessing the on-demand show or during Live TV?

Also, try refreshing your router and then try accessing the channel again to see if there are any differences.

Let us know more about this so that we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gjp2
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem with all 3 Roku Express devices I have. And yes I have tried my mobile hot spot and the problem still exists. To make matters worse, the Roku in the living room, Device type: Roku Express  Serial number: X00400H8U0WK now keeps telling me to use my voice. This isn't even a voice capable device. What Gives?

gjp2
Reel Rookie

All my Roku Express are plugged in to their own wall adapter. So power is not the issue. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the latest updates to accommodate the new voice remote. Software gets confused between older non-voice and the new voice capable ones. Why else would it be telling me to use voice when I don't have such a device.

DonnaWho
Reel Rookie

It's on Wi-Fi, same for my soundbar,  which I have no issues with.  It's not my connection as it only does this on the Roku channel,  not any of the other apps. 

I think it's just the Roku channel!

gjp2
Reel Rookie

I agree. I do not have the problem with other services. Only Roku.

Dave0365
Reel Rookie

Same Issues, with the same equipment, doing the same on 2 different Wi-Fi providers, Ritter cable and MCEC fiber. Have done everything as said before.

3930RW Roku express.

SERRIAL# X004007N0VF

Software version 12.5.0

build 4178~AE

Device ID S01339DN0VF2

OmegaT
Channel Surfer

I'm having this same issue over a week now since the last software update with my Roku Express model 3930RW, it has worked fine for the last 34 months since I got it. Super disappointing, already starting to avoid watching anything I had in my saved list or in progress on The Roku Channel. And I tried the usual uninstall/reboot/reinstall as well, and a different internet network.  

0 Kudos
lanesharon
Channel Surfer

I also have the same problem, Roku Express, Roku channel, Tiny House Hunting show.  I get it back into play by backing out of the episode and then reloading it.  It immediately plays an ad and then goes right back into the show where I left off.  So, I am assuming that some of the advertisers may be having a problem on their end.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dave0365,

Thanks for your first post and for providing the device information here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that we have passed along the information you provided to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Once we have available updates, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

We hope to get everything sorted out soon, and we appreciate your patience with us in the meantime.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OmegaT @lanesharon,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?
  • Does the issue occur on live channels or on in-demand channels?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.