Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gvh8717
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel freezes on commercial's last frame Roku Express

How many times are you guys going to continue to ask for the same info.  Stop playing games and just fix it.  I wonder if anyone in your dept know what their doing......

0 Kudos
gjp2
Reel Rookie

IMO, I think they did this on purpose. First of all, to try to get you to buy a new device. Secondly, to be able to generate commercial time. Ever notice that it ALWAYS freezes after the last commercial of a group. Then when you exit and resume, it ALWAYS begins with a new commecial group before resuming where it left off. That is why they respond with the same response and never address the issue. 

0 Kudos
hobbsrayle
Reel Rookie

I believe I started this particular thread in Sept. I still have 1 working Roku but I have given up on the unit that started the thread. I have bought another product and smashed the original one with the three pound sledge I mentioned before. It was a lot more satisfying than the tech support has been with the request for info and no progress on the issue. I've also told friends and neighbors about my issues, convincing at least 2 friends to not buy the Roku. I think that might be the only way to get any tech support.

Bmauij

I’ve been having the same issue for about two weeks having made NO changes to any settings.   Because of how annoying this is, I avoid watching the ROKU channel and will continue avoiding it until it stops. If I want a free trial on another channel, I will go to that channel and sign up.  This seems to me to be a deliberate attempt to get new signups rather than a mistake in programming, and it’s extremely annoying. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

We're glad you reached out about this, as we must get it fixed for you. We wanted to let you know that we are continuing to investigate your reported issue and hope to provide you with a more detailed update when additional information is available.
Thanks for your continued patience. Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any additional feedback.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OmegaT
Channel Surfer

@RokuArjiemar Been over 3 weeks since I watched anything within The Roku Channel app itself, decided to give it go and see if this ever was fixed. Nope. Ad break frozen at end. Guess I and others should just accept this will be never resolved. But hey, I grabbed another Issue Tracker ID exactly on the frozen screen using the voice command, ID 15-005-785. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @OmegaT,

Thanks for getting back to us!

We're sorry for the delay in our solution about this issue, the relevant Roku team is still reviewing the case. There have been no updates regarding this or the outcome.

I will ensure that I send along an update on this as well as the details you have given. We're hopeful this can be rectified quickly.

Many thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

We have the same problem with commercials freezing up aborting viewing of shows on Roku. Roku has been informed of this specific problem since (at least) October 2023. That is quite a while ago. The Roku channel is essentially useless at present. Exactly when will this glitch be unglutched?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Welcome and thank you for joining us here in the Roku Community, @dantelliott!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention and sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused, 

Rest assured that the team is currently in the process of fixing this issue. If you want your device to be included in the process as you have the same concern, kindly provide us the following details so we can update the team:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mcHelen
Reel Rookie

More tracker IDs

HC-042-114‚ -142

HC-043-568‚ -571

HC-044-978

HC-046-080‚ -093

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.