Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra - volume changes markedly and unexpectedly

Roku Ultra, latest (Aug '24) software version.

After some random amount of time (sometimes as low as ten minutes, sometimes a couple hours or more) the volume output by my Roku Ultra will change suddenly. It usually goes to a distortedly loud level, but will occasionally go to about a third of the previous volume. The optimum way I have discovered to recover from this is to pause whatever I'm watching or playing, cycle power on the Roku and go back to whatever I was watching or playing. The volume is now normal again.

At no point do I ever touch the volume buttons on my Roku remote or my sound system remote. This is nothing to do with my HDMI cabling or TV inputs as the same happens when using headphones to listen.

This has become markedly more frequent over the last few weeks. It used to happen maybe once or twice a month and it now happens multiple times in a single evening.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra - volume changes markedly and unexpectedly

We appreciate you for letting us know about the issue you have encountered with your Roku device, and we'd like to gather more information about this so we can assist you further. Can you provide the details below for our team to better understand your concern?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • What specific behavior does the issue show?
  • Is this happening to a specific channel, or throughout the Roku platform?
  • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps in an attempt to resolve the issue?

With more details than the requested information, our team will be able to investigate and provide the best resolution to the issue.

We hope for your response in this matter.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.