Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkingrph
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra is turning itself on and off

I am having the same issue.  I just cut the cable and installed Roku ultras on 3  Tv sets. One was an older unit that I had tried  couple of years later, and found it too cumbersome to switch back and forth between it and cable.  It is working fine,   the local  IT guy who does a lot of that got two new ultra LT units and installed and got everything running.  One of the new ones shuts down and gives a black picture at random times, and it is difficult to get it going again.  I called them and  we tried a few things, finally moving it to another room and tv set, where it continued to do the same thing.  Called back and the tech who installed said they would just get a new unit and replace that one, that it was probably  a defective unit since it did the same thing in different location, different HDMI cable and power supply.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: roku shuts off on its own

Hi @jkingrph,

From the Roku Community, welcome and thanks for raising this concern directly with us!

We'd love to know more about the issue that you had with the Roku Ultra. May we know how you are powering your Roku Ultra? Is it on the power outlet or on a power strip? Can you please check if all the cables are properly plugged in and firmly attached? Ensure that you're selecting the correct input or source as well.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jkingrph
Reel Rookie

Yes it was on a power strip.  I moved it to another room and left both the power supply, power cord and hdmi cable and used different power supply/cables.  Moves the Roku from the other room,  literally swapping them. The one that had been giving the problem in the first room continued to give the problem in the second room.  To me and the IT folks that sold me the equipment it seems to indicate a bad Roku box

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted, @jkingrph!

We understand that you are facing issues with your Roku streaming device, and we appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue. 

Before we proceed any further, we kindly request your cooperation in allowing us to investigate the matter closely.

We would like to gather some information regarding your Roku streaming device. Can you please provide us with the following details:

• Can you confirm if there is a blinking light on your Roku Ultra?
  • Did an error code appear on your TV screen when you turned on the device?
  • Have you tried doing a hard reset or factory reset?

We eagerly await your response so that we can offer you the best possible assistance.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.