Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rookky
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra Stuck on bouncing logo

Jump to solution

Corrupt SD card just did that number on me!   Glad I found this topic/solution as I was about ready to go buy a new Roku ($70 at local Best Buy - darn! Oh well...). 

Card that I completely forgot about just put the Roku into bouncing letter mode between programs.  Weird!  Checking it on PC (Linux with GParted) showed "unallocated" space with no file system, and even had to set it to msdos mode to enable defining a file system.   I had completely forgotten about leaving that card in some number of months ago...

BIG THANKS!

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rookky wrote:

Corrupt SD card just did that number on me!   Glad I found this topic/solution as I was about ready to go buy a new Roku ($70 at local Best Buy - darn! Oh well...). 

Card that I completely forgot about just put the Roku into bouncing letter mode between programs.  Weird!  Checking it on PC (Linux with GParted) showed "unallocated" space with no file system, and even had to set it to msdos mode to enable defining a file system.   I had completely forgotten about leaving that card in some number of months ago...

Note that a Roku formatted SD card will not usually show a file system, although GParted should have noted something. The card may or may not be defective, but I wouldn't use it in the Roku again. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rookky
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@atc98092 wrote:

@rookky wrote:

Note that a Roku formatted SD card will not usually show a file system, although GParted should have noted something. The card may or may not be defective, but I wouldn't use it in the Roku again. 

Not a problem since I never had any need to store channels or games.  I will avoid this issue completely by not putting a card in the slot any more.

0 Kudos
Richmohr18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This happened to me before as well. I just ran into the same issue again after my 6 month old puppy just hit and unplugged the power strip while I was watching TV. Hopefully it resolves itself again.

0 Kudos
Richmohr18
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

had the same problem     changed the HDMI cable and problem solved 

0 Kudos
KenS777

Jump to solution

Thanks to Dan.  After many, many tries to advance beyond the bouncing logo, I read Dan's comments regarding pressing the small reset button - holding it down for min. 30 seconds - and it worked.

The message came up to pairing the remote and I was on my way. Well done Dan.

KenS777

0 Kudos
Muskydru

Jump to solution

I have an Ultra 2019, just 3 months out of warranty now that is stuck on the bouncing logo. Tried all the above mentioned tricks but no change. 
When I press reset button down the light flickers after just 5 seconds and then the bouncing logo just re appears even though I am holding it down for at least a minute… like the factory reset function is not taking. Also tried new hdmi cable, different hdmi input on tv, removing other tv inputs, resetting network router and even talked nice to the Ultra ! Lol There is nothing in the micro sd or USB slots…any ideas out there? Any help is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Muskydru wrote:

When I press reset button down the light flickers after just 5 seconds and then the bouncing logo just re appears even though I am holding it down for at least a minute… like the factory reset function is not taking. 

It takes a minimum of 30 seconds pressing the reset button, not one second less and without releasing the button at all. If you are certain you've done that, and the player won't perform the factory reset, then I'm afraid there's something defective with it. It's unfortunate, but sometimes electronics fail far sooner you would expect. I have a 10 year old Roku that still works, but it's unusable because of its age. I had an Insignia Roku TV that failed when I brought it home, but Best Buy immediately replaced it and that one is still working 5 years later. 

Dan

0 Kudos
Analieanne
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same issue and i dont have sd card on it its a small device…my kids keep screaming as they watch movie and it stop bounce the logo again. I did on and of or unlug but still the same. Help

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@Analieanneplease provide the model number of your Roku player. You can find it under Settings/System/About. We need the model number, not just the name.

Dan

0 Kudos