Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku Ultra 4800X that randomly freezes and/or restarts itself

I have this problem also, with an ulta. I just changed it for a new one and the new one also does this. The problem is identical to the one I replaced.

it seems I wasted my money replacing the box.

can you refer me to a tech? My email address is

thank you,

steven

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra 4800X that randomly freezes and/or restarts itself

Hi @Brothersteven54,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your streaming issues on your Roku device. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, kindly provide us with additional information:

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • Is the issue happening on all content or channels, or is this isolated to one content or channel? (Specify)
  • Are you getting any error messages or error codes when trying to play content?
  • How far is your Roku device from your network router?
  • Do you have cellular data, so we can try connecting your device to your hotspot?
  • What is the software version that your Roku device is currently running? (Check on Settings > System > About.)

In the meantime, please make sure to power your Roku device directly from the wall outlet and not at the back of the TV. You can also try restarting your network router and connecting your Roku device to a mobile hotspot, for there are instances where this is happening depending on how you power your device or the connection of your Roku device to the network.

Let us know how it goes, and we will continue to assist you further. We are eager to hear from you and investigate this matter further. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ahammer
Reel Rookie

I am currently having the same issue with my ultra box. Contact a tech support, the only info they gave me was do a factory reset. Reset. This issue only happens intermittently. They suggested I call when it's happening. I don't believe the ultra model can be powered from USB so they are all connected to outlets, not USB. Is this a known issue.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ahammer,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching out to us, and we appreciate you letting us know about your problem with your Roku Ultra. While Roku devices can be powered into your TV's USB port, some TVs may not have enough power to boot them up. Using a Roku USB power cable to plug into a wall outlet means your device will always be on, so you'll be ready to stream in a snap every time. This means your streaming player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to the USB port on your TV, which can affect your streaming.

In other cases, it could be an intermittent network connection issue where you'll need to restart the network or try a mobile hotspot or a specific channel issue, which is when you can remove the channel, restart the system, and re-add the channel.

Please let us know if you still experience the issue, and please provide details for the questions asked above to be better assisted.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ahammer
Reel Rookie

Here is troubleshooting screen when this issue happens

1000004623.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for providing us with these details, @Ahammer.

It is also highly appreciated all the troubleshooting methods you've performed with one of our live experts from the technical department. In this case, we will coordinate this with the appropriate Roku team for further review and find you the best resolution possible. 

Once again, we sincerely apologize for any trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know as we would be more than happy to continue doing so.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ahammer
Reel Rookie

Issue repeated..

1000004657.jpg

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.