Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
goneeks
Reel Rookie

Roku Ultra 4800X Frozen, no video or response at all.

My Roku Ultra is not responding, stating there’s no signal. I can’t even access a menu screen.

I unplug and reinsert the original power cord again, with the bootup screen functioning, but then it goes back to “No Signal”.

I tried switching HDMI cables to a new port on the same TV. No change.I tried pressing the remote’s power button multiple times. Nothing.

All other remote buttons. Nothing.

Remote signal on the Ultra itself. Nothing.

We still have “No Signal” despite all these measures.

The device will not let me reset or factory reset which is very odd  

At this point, I’m open to suggestions. The unit has been active since July 2024 and has performed without fail. Until now.

Can someone in Support please help me? I tried calling, and it routed me back here, so I have little choice but to post and hope someone swiftly responds. It’s been this was for about a week now, and any kind of solution would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 4800X Frozen, no video or response at all.

It sounds like it could be some kind of power problem or it could be using a video mode that the TV doesn't support.  If you have it plugged into a surge protector or anything other than directly into a wall outlet, try plugging it directly into the wall.  Do you have another TV you can try it on?

You can factory reset it using the reset button on the bottom.  With the power connected, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds while ignoring anything happening onscreen.

By the way, the power button and volume buttons on the remote are strictly for the TV.  Roku devices (other than TVs) don't turn off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
goneeks
Reel Rookie

The device will not even let me fully factory reset it. It is also plugged in directly to the wall outlet and I tried using the surge protector too. Still nothing. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@goneeks, what do you mean by "will not even let me fully factory reset it"?  Holding the reset button for a full 30 seconds should get you to the "Let's get started" screen.  If it doesn't do that, what does it do?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
goneeks
Reel Rookie

I hold that button and nothing happens at all. light just stays on its traditional white light and nothing happens. no reaction to my TV or anything. not sure what to do. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.