Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Roku Ultra 2 second delay when youtube videos or ads start

In YouTube, there is an approximately 2 second period of silence when video, or ads start, but only with the wired headphones connected to the remote. When headphones are disconnected, the audio works as expected. This started for me about a week or so ago, prior to that it had worked fine.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 2 second delay when youtube videos or ads start

I've seen a similar delay on an Android based player, so it might not be Roku specific. That said, I never use the headphone jack on my Roku remote, so it might also be something specific to the YouTube app on Roku devices as well. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Thanks.  I use the headphone jack every day.  It is probably the one feature of the Ultra that was a must-have for me.  This problem just started.  Perhaps there was an update for YouTube that came through or something.

Do you happen to know if I can back-rev the YouTube app to the previous version?

0 Kudos
atc98092

@dbcooper_NC wrote:

Do you happen to know if I can back-rev the YouTube app to the previous version?

Unfortunately there is no capability to install different versions of apps on Roku devices. I think you are correct that there was likely a change in the YouTube app, but only Google can fix that. If there is a problem with the current app they can pull it from the channel store and then the previous version would be available and your device would update with that one. But Google is the only one that can make that happen. Here's where to report that to Google: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Dan

dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the link.  Alas, there does not appear to be any help available there, nor is there any way to report problems.  The "community" is locked and unavailable.  Search turns up nothing related.  😞

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yeah, Google isn't all that helpful at times. 

Dan

0 Kudos
dbcooper_NC
Binge Watcher

Well, "not being helpful" is quite different from "no way to even contact them".  🙂

0 Kudos