Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku TV (All brand) - Multiple channel going back to Home Screen.

@RokuCarly Carly-

please make sure to keep the community updated. I am another really unhappy customer. It is my Roku tv (NOT the tv that I have an older roku device added to a smart tv) that has been unbelievably problematic. 

I too have done all that any of your representatives have posted.

i literally am ready to just go get another brand of smart tv and move to Apple TV. Both of my adult children have told me to do this for the TWO PLUS YEaRS that this has been happening. Worst ever in the last 6 months or so.

Labels (1)
81 REPLIES 81
mandy11
Roku Guru

My Roku express that I am watching right now is probably 2 years old and is on version 12 of software. Your device will update automatically or you can do it manually. But I have three other Roku Sticks and a Hisense Roku Tv and they all kick you out of the app and back to the home page. And the only thing they have in common is the owner and Roku the manufacturer ...... I wonder where the problem is 😂

Kathiell
Binge Watcher

Same issue. Westinghouse Roku TV. Updated, unplugged, Uninstaller, etc, no luck. Obviously a Roku software issue they can't figure out. 

0 Kudos
Paulyt3392

I am having the same problem and I have two Roku TVs One is two weeks old one is not even 24 hours old I will watch fubo and it basically just kicks me out of the app and goes back to the home screen for what reasons I do not know when I originally set up the TV I went in to settings I turned off all the power saving modes I also turned off the shut the TV off after 4 hours so that the TV will stay on until I turn it off and yet I'll be watching the a show on fubo app and random times it just kicks me back to the home screen and like I said these TVs are brand new so basically I shouldn't have to do anything to restart anything as they are like I said brand new

0 Kudos
Ljorfres

I'm going to this exact same issue. You would think a company as large as Roku and TCL would have fixed this by now. This original post was over 6 months ago. Absolutely ridiculous. I'm extremely disappointed and frustrated with this **bleep**ty TV

Mia08
Reel Rookie

I have done all that has been suggested, including changed my remote, but my TCL Roku continues to kick me out of apps, freezes, goes back to home screen while a move or show is on. Im at my wits end. what do i do?

Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

I also don’t have it with the other 7 Roku devices I own.  I blame the piece of junk HighSense TV.  

0 Kudos
Teresaluther
Binge Watcher

My issue isn’t with the Roku devices, but a Hisense Tv with Roku.  I’m pretty sure after reading through all the comments that my problem is the tv as in addition to kicking me out of apps; it randomly shuts off or restarts itself.   

0 Kudos
mandy11
Roku Guru

I had four devices plus a Hitense TV and they all kicked me back to the home page so I don’t think it was the TV 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, Community users.

Thanks for flagging this to us, and we'd like to gather specific details for us to address this issue. Kindly provide the following information below:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel/s? If so, what channel/s and what version/build is/are the channel/s? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When this issue occurs, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,
  • How can the issue be reproduced?

The information you provide is essential for us to look further into this issue. We hope for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos