Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jokuexpress
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Screen Mirroring Won't Work

Screen mirroring will not connect, details below:

Phone - Oppo A15 (Screencast)

Roku Express HD

Phone sees the Roku in the Screencast menu but when it tries to connect it will not connect, looks like it's timing out or something.

Roku doesn't even come up with the "allow device blah blah blah" menu when trying to connect!

Rather annoying as that was the main reason I bought it!

Tried pretty much everything I can think of settingswise on the A15 and the Roku.

Samsung S21 Screenmirroring (Smartview) works fine, which obviously would suggest it's a phone compatibility problem, but I thought i'd ping this question out there to see if anyone else has has issues!

Cheers

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Express Screen Mirroring Won't Work

Hi @jokuexpress,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

Have you made recent changes to your network? Also, trying an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, might help. Have you tried using one?

Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jokuexpress
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Express Screen Mirroring Won't Work

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I only use it on a hotspot and no changes have been made to that!

I've been in touch with Oppo about this and they said it could be because my location is turned off on my phone, so I shall try sorting that out and re-try!

Many thankings

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.