Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qp2
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Device Keeps Turning my TV Off and On

Jump to solution

Just a thought.... Roku never said that my old device is at fault, it was implied, so I wonder if they are encouraging me to get the latest device so they don't have to troubleshoot an old one, perhaps the problem cannot be fixed on the old one.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

See my earlier post about the Auto-adjust display refresh rate.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
qp2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The auto display rate has always been set to OFF.

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

Bummer, it was worth a shot.

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Device Keeps Turning my TV Off and On and Off and On

Jump to solution

I made sure the "one touch play" in settings is off but my TV still turns off on it's own after about 20 minutes or so. I just installed the Roku Ultra yesterday. I previously had a fire stick and when that stopped working I replaced it with Roku Ultra. I have been using Roku's for years and I never had this issued before. It's very frustrating. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this? 

0 Kudos
pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Duh. I went into settings and system and the power saving feature had the TV programmed to shut off after 20 minutes of no interaction. I unchecked the box. 🙄

qp2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Got my updated Ultra today, 4802X, and, ta da, no screen going on and off. When I wrote to support asking for help with my old Ultra they offered me a 30%-off coupon for a new Ultra.

0 Kudos
AW5

Jump to solution

I have recently purchased 3 Roku Expresses and 1 Roku Ultra for TV’s around the house.  We have all Samsung TV’s.  On the newest Samsung TV, approximately 3 years old, I have tried both the Roku Ultra and Express.  Once I power them off using the Roku remote, both the Roku and TV power back on after ~45 sec to 1 minute.  This does not seem to be the case with the older Samsung’s.  I spent an hour messaging with Roku tech support (Ticket #9761698) and tried several things until I think they gave up on me and didn’t reply.  I tried shutting off Samsung Anytime, but then my remotes, including my Samsung remote would not work.  I do not want my TV to randomly turn on after I shut it off.  Please let me know what steps to take next.

Thank you,

Arnie

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@AW5, my relatively new Samsung TV is by far the worst TV I've ever owned.  Have you tried contacting Samsung?  I don't have the problem of it coming on for no reason, but I've had numerous other problems.  "Smart" my sweet patuti.  Your TV should support a good old-fashioned IR remote if it came with the small Hershey bar sized RF remote like mine.  People have also used a "CEC Less" adapter that blocks the CEC signal from connected devices for problems like this, but it's not clear if CEC is the problem.  I assume support already had you disable "1-touch play".

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
qp2
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The good news: with my new Ultra the screen no longer goes off and on. Yipee! The bad news, now the TV cannot see the Roku signal, I will put this problem into a new post.

0 Kudos