Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mvicks

Redbox Screen Error Code 502

Jump to solution

Since I checked this week, I have been getting the "Screen Error We're currently unable to load this screen - please try again later. If this issue continues, contact Redbox Customer Service @1.866.733.2693 Error Code 502" error. I have uninstalled, restarted my tv and then reinstalled the app. I am still getting the same error. Please advise how to proceed. RokuTV

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Redbox Screen Error Code 502

Jump to solution

Hi Community Users,

Thank you for bringing up the playback issue you are experiencing.

We see that you are having an issue with your Redbox channel. For additional help and clarification, we suggest contacting their customer support team. Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask here in the Roku Community.

Thanks,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Redbox is not working on anything

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Jloos77!

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. To resolve this issue, we recommend contacting the channel providers directly for assistance. It's important to note that many channels and apps on Roku are managed and updated by the providers themselves.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Their parent company has filed for bankruptcy.  Their website seems to be dead and I guess their app is, too.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
andyross
Roku Guru

Redbox is not working on anything

Jump to solution

Just a notice that Redbox is not working. It is not unique to Roku. Their parent company recently filed for bankruptcy after not paying bills, or their employees, for the past few weeks. Seems like their library was probably disabled due to non-payment.

0 Kudos
DSHouston07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I get that same nothing everyone is getting. I tried calling and calling and they don’t even bother answering. I tried the hard restart on both Roku televisions but nothing works. I think they’ve managed to screw us all and there’s nothing we can do. 

0 Kudos
DSHouston07
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I don’t want a badge. I want my television to WORK reliably every single day. I have 3 Roku televisions and I’m seriously considering going back to the old Chromecast. Screw all this bootloop and channels that don’t work. I spent too much money on these TVs for stuff that isn’t reliable. 

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DSHouston07, did you read what I wrote?  Plug in whatever device you want; you won't get Redbox to work on it either.  It has nothing to do with Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
alex2187

Jump to solution

yes Please try clearing the cache on your RokuTV and ensure your software is up-to-date. If the problem persists, contact Redbox Customer Service at 1.866.733.2693 for further assistance.

ss
0 Kudos
glasspilot
Roku Guru

Re: Redbox is not working on anything

Jump to solution

Thanks Andy. I was searching for why Redbox quit. Your answer makes sense. Hope it comes back soon. I like to watch "Test Kitchen"

0 Kudos
glasspilot
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Alex, did you read the previous posts? What you say won't work in this situation.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@DSHouston07  you might prefer separate Roku players.  That way when something goes wrong with them, you can be comfortable that the expensive (and hard to move) TV is fine.  You can connect as many types of streaming (or other) devices as you like to whatever TV you happen to have.

As for Redbox, I searched up an article that starts with: “The bankruptcy of Redbox’s parent company came after months of chaos, cash crunch, and corporate upheaval.”  Hmm…  probably not anything that viewers can do about that, besides waiting and seeing if they survive.

Banned but back. Because why not?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.